CONTEST: Win a new Multi-License CD!

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

CONTEST: Win a new Multi-License CD!

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Okay, this contest is for people who already own the game, either as a digital download or perhaps a previous CD. Since a couple people have expressed that they wish they had waited to purchase a multi-license CD, I figured this would be a good way to give a couple copies away!

So, have you played the game through several times and think you know everything? Well here's your chance to prove it! Answer the following 5 questions and you'll have a chance to win a new Multi-License CD containing all three versions of the game!

The Rules:

1) You must answer all of the questions correctly to be included in the drawing. Submissions containing wrong/incomplete answers will cast into the Abyss! (that would be my desktop trashcan)
2) Do not post answers here in this thread! You must send your answers to info AT basiliskgames DOT com and include your name and/or order number.
3) You do not have to be a registered forum member to participate, but as I said you must already own the game.

You have until January 31st to submit your answers. On February 1 I will take all the entries with correct answers and let the computer randomly pick two lucky people to each receive a new Multi-License CD. If you happen to already own a CD and do not want another, we will come up with something else for you.

The Questions:

1) Where are the locations of all three Easter Eggs? I need the name of the map AND the actual tile number of the chest or container where they are held.

2) There is a grave marker of a man who died from poisoning. What is his name? Bonus point if you can explain the joke.

3) How many Salamanders are in Leurik's basement?

4) What is the maximum amount of damage the spell 'Smite' can deliver?

5) What four ingredients are needed to get Father Michael's portal working (the one in the basement of his cottage).

If you have any questions, post them below! Good luck!
Quaan
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Quaan »

Ha,great idea!
I hope you post the correct answesrs after January 31st cause I dont know a single one.
denisvj
Initiate

Post by denisvj »

I only have one easter egg and I dont remember where I got it lol :)
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

I figure most people are going to have to load up an old saved game and do some backtracking to get some answers. A couple answers can be found here in the forums if you're good at searching. Another couple answers can be retrieved in the first 20 minutes of the game.
JimmieBJr
Pledge

Post by JimmieBJr »

Ah, I wish I could take part. I don't imagine getting far enough in the game to be able to answer a couple of the questions. I'll hang out for the next contest. :)
Slarty
Marshall

Post by Slarty »

This is a great promotional idea, BW!
Jude
Council Member

Post by Jude »

You may want to post this under the Announcements category, too. It was starting to slip down the page, here.

This contest for people that already bought the game is a good idea. I may give it a try. Thanks for the chance!

Jude
Jude's Wondrous Universe
http://www.icubed.com/~judelk
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Yeah, I need to send a message out to RPGWatch and a few other places.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

<bump>
acoustibop
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by acoustibop »

Why not sticky it, BW? You can always unsticky it when the competition's finished. ;)
Jude
Council Member

Post by Jude »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:I figure most people are going to have to load up an old saved game and do some backtracking to get some answers.
I started a new game. More fun that way!
BasiliskWrangler wrote: A couple answers can be found here in the forums if you're good at searching. Another couple answers can be retrieved in the first 20 minutes of the game.
Depends on how fast (or slow in my case) you play. :wink:

I seriously think this should be posted in the Announcements section of the forums, and also sent out to places like Inside Mac Games, in order to reach everyone who already bought the game.

Jude

EDIT: Just noticed it was on yesterday's IMG page.
Jude's Wondrous Universe
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

One week to go! So far there has been only 16 correct entries, so that makes your odds of winning very good if you get your submission in...however I am expecting a flood of entries on the last day of the contest based on the number of emails I've gotten asking for "hints". :wink:
Jude
Council Member

Post by Jude »

EDITED to remove a dumb, movie-reference joke I made.

I haven't had time to play the last couple of days, but I plan on finishing the game and entering before the deadline.

EDIT: Well, I've changed my mind about entering the contest. I just don't have to time to play much lately. I already own the mac version, and am happy with it, so good luck to all the other contestants!

Jude
Jude's Wondrous Universe
Jude
Council Member

Post by Jude »

Just a reminder, folks, that the last day of the contest is upon us. Send in your entries by January 31st. And be sure to read the rules carefully.

Jude
Jude's Wondrous Universe
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Hehe, I had just logged on to say the very same thing, Jude! :wink: