Divine Ore

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
Martin
Initiate

Divine Ore

Post by Martin »

Where the heck are these guys? I found myself on the way north, trying to kill the raptors, and still haven't found them E. of BW.
Grue
Steward

Post by Grue »

They are to the south-east of Blackwater. One map east (or two), then one south, IIRC. Here's a map showing where their hideout cave is located.

Note: the original map image taken from Amasius' post.

Minor spoiler (hint): Bring a few torches with you.
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Brucer
Pledge

Divine Ore

Post by Brucer »

How about another spoiler hint--I step on the floor and nothing happens but I can see a passage beyond blocked by the wall. What's the secret?
Grue wrote:They are to the south-east of Blackwater. One map east (or two), then one south, IIRC. Here's a map showing where their hideout cave is located.

Note: the original map image taken from Amasius' post.

Minor spoiler (hint): Bring a few torches with you.
silverkitty
Senior Council Member

Post by silverkitty »

well, it's not a hint/spoiler that dungeons are dark, so perhaps he said you should bring several torches for some other reason. is there anything in the room you can interact with besides the platform? is there anything you can do with torches besides hold them in your off-hand for light?
Josia
Senior Steward

Post by Josia »

silverkitty wrote:well, it's not a hint/spoiler that dungeons are dark, so perhaps he said you should bring several torches for some other reason. is there anything in the room you can interact with besides the platform? is there anything you can do with torches besides hold them in your off-hand for light?
You can take torches off sconces. You can also place torches onto empty sconces.
plucero
Initiate

Post by plucero »

Hey that still doesn't answer the question of how to get beyond the blocked passageway in the dundeon. I've stepped on the switch in front of the gate and nothing happens. I'm playing the Mac version of the game. Does it matter. Otherwise how does one find the black ore?
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

SOLUTION: (highlight to reveal)
Place 6 torches in the empty wall sconces before stepping on the pressure plate.
plucero
Initiate

Post by plucero »

thanks, I never would have figured that one out!