Beta Test Application

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
IJBall
Major
Major

Re: Beta Test Application

Post by IJBall »

Jedi_Learner wrote:So, how goes the testing? Has anyone finished the game yet? :P
Hmmmm... If you're asking this, it (seemingly) eliminates one of my Beta tester "suspects"... :wink:
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

Or maybe it's a tricky way of offering a status update! 0_o

Even MORE suspicious! :shock:
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

CrazyBernie wrote:Or maybe it's a tricky way of offering a status update! 0_o

Call The Commissioner!! :!:
I need more Detectives on this case, STAT!!!
:mrgreen:
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

IJBall wrote:
CrazyBernie wrote:Or maybe it's a tricky way of offering a status update! 0_o

Call The Commissioner!! :!:
I need more Detectives on this case, STAT!!!
:mrgreen:
But who's watching the detectives? Somebody call Elvis.

(We'll see if anyone here gets that weird reference)
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Say, are Beta testers proofing the Player's Manual for Book II, as well?
(Improving the Player's Manual seems to have come up a lot in the Din's Curse Beta.)

Just curious...
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

IJBall wrote:Say, are Beta testers proofing the Player's Manual for Book II, as well?
(Improving the Player's Manual seems to have come up a lot in the Din's Curse Beta.)

Just curious...
Yes, though their main focus has been the game.

We will probably post the user's manual here in the forum, publicly, to let everyone look at it the week before the game goes on sale. I'm sure a lot of folks will find minor issues that we can fix before the game actually ships.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
King_ov_Death
Senior Council Member

Post by King_ov_Death »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:
IJBall wrote:Say, are Beta testers proofing the Player's Manual for Book II, as well?

Just curious...
Yes, though their main focus has been the game.

We will probably post the user's manual here in the forum, publicly, to let everyone look at it the week before the game goes on sale. I'm sure a lot of folks will find minor issues that we can fix before the game actually ships.
Wow! I like the way it sounds...

In my times of boredom, when I wasn't willing to play Book I again for some reason, I'd go to the game folder and read the manual...
Samurai Drakon
Apprentice

Post by Samurai Drakon »

Will there be other testing rounds for the mac version? If so, would it be possible to sign up again?
I also have PC though... I can't believe I missed the signing up. :( Oh well.

But enough of that, keep up the good work everyone, and hope there won't be any game-breakers (for the sake of finishing an excellent game) :lol: .

Looking forward to admiring the cover art on my shelf! :mrgreen: RPGs FTW!
My swords may be sharp, but so are my wits. I will first draw them and many think I never draw my blades; they are mistaken. It is because none have ever seen them ALIVE... because of my firey breath of course -The legendary Dragon Samurai
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Post by Evnissyen »

Like Unclever and IJ, this fell with precisely poor timing, for me, since I was out of town these past couple of weeks, with a very slow internet connection. Also, although I've been toying with the idea of beta testing Book II, there's this:

FOR :
+ Helping out
+ Being 'a part' of the Book II development
+ Beta Testing makes me special! If BW chose me, it would make me feel like I was wanted, wanted! And needed! ...sigh...

AGAINST :
- Trying to finish two (yes, 2) novels before the end of the year (because I've wasted enough time already)
- Trying to manage a fledgling literary webjournal all by my lonesome
- Don't like the idea of having the game ruined for me and by me: I want to enjoy it!
- If BW did not choose me, it would break my spirit and drive me into a deep depression fueled by self-loathing, and who wants that? Not my friends or my roommates, anyhow, who, among other things, would be hard-pressed not to complain about the stench... or all the dishes piling up... or my failure to pay the rent... or my being such a damn drag... .
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.
mytgroo
Steward

Post by mytgroo »

Hmm. Finished Avernum VI which was fun. Did not think I would finish so quickly. Tried out Din's Curse... bleah. How is the testing going. Would like to see the players manual.
I am Myt where's the cheese dip.
Rune_74
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by Rune_74 »

Evnissyen wrote:Like Unclever and IJ, this fell with precisely poor timing, for me, since I was out of town these past couple of weeks, with a very slow internet connection. Also, although I've been toying with the idea of beta testing Book II, there's this:

FOR :
+ Helping out
+ Being 'a part' of the Book II development
+ Beta Testing makes me special! If BW chose me, it would make me feel like I was wanted, wanted! And needed! ...sigh...

AGAINST :
- Trying to finish two (yes, 2) novels before the end of the year (because I've wasted enough time already)
- Trying to manage a fledgling literary webjournal all by my lonesome
- Don't like the idea of having the game ruined for me and by me: I want to enjoy it!
- If BW did not choose me, it would break my spirit and drive me into a deep depression fueled by self-loathing, and who wants that? Not my friends or my roommates, anyhow, who, among other things, would be hard-pressed not to complain about the stench... or all the dishes piling up... or my failure to pay the rent... or my being such a damn drag... .
If it makes you feel special, I definately think you are special;)
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Post by Evnissyen »

Rune_74 wrote: If it makes you feel special, I definately think you are special;)
Hey, cool . . . thanks, man. :)
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Any chance on an end of March/beginning of April update on the beta process, and where we are?
TIA! :)
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

IJBall wrote:Any chance on an end of March/beginning of April update on the beta process, and where we are?
TIA! :)
Sure!

Testing is going well- we have round two going this week, and a few more testers have been added to the mix. Personally, I am taking a little R&R this week with family before the final push to release.

Overall, the bug reports are becoming very light. I feel there is still a lot of balancing to be done, and sometime next week I will ask the testers to report what their thoughts on the difficulty of the game are.

There is also a bit more content to get in place- a handful of secondary NPCs need to be dropped in and some map details in certain areas are missing. That should occupy the rest of April.

Still looking at the end of April as a release date for the Windows version.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
foxxtrot
Initiate

Post by foxxtrot »

Just verifying: the current test is for the windows version only, and there will be a compatibility test for Linux/Mac later, correct?