friendly people becoming hostile

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
farvardin
Fellowcraft Apprentice

friendly people becoming hostile

Post by farvardin »

hello,

today while visiting Erik the blacksmith in Bordertown, he was hostile toward me, I don't know why. I got used to use his chest as a storeplace for my extra stuffs, but he never complained before.
Is there a way to turn them again into frendly people when this happens ?

Btw is it 100% safe to store things into old barrels, or could they disappear during the game ? So far I hadn't any pb, but who knows ?
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Nothing disappears if you place items in barrels.

NPCs assume you are stealing when you take something from their chests, even if you put your own stuff in there. There are numerous empty chests and barrels around the game world that you can stash goods in and not get branded a thief when you take them back out.

And yes, if you cast Charm on an unfriendly NPC, after the spell wears off they are no longer upset with you.
ArkansasIMCista
Initiate

Post by ArkansasIMCista »

Just for the record, I've also placed stuff on dead bodies and inside broken barrels without any of it ever disappearing.

Personally I like using Elder Hollow as a base of operations. The building with the staircase has a chest and a dead body right next to each other which provides enough room to store all my alchemy supplies. There's an open barrel outside one door and a sealed barrel which I broke open out the other door, the two of which together offer 16 more slots for stashing goodies. All of that storage is close together for easy access and Elder Hollow is reasonably walkable from the nearest Quick Travel spot. And now that I can teleport, I can jump directly to my storage bins from anywhere. :lol: