Trouble setting the quickspell (french keyboard ?)

Linux support forum for Eschalon: Book I
wizzim
Pledge

Trouble setting the quickspell (french keyboard ?)

Post by wizzim »

Hello,

First of all, thanks for making Eschalon available under Linux !

I have an issue with the 1.04 Linux demo and Ubuntu Gusty (7.10) : it's impossible to quickset a spell to a specific slot (except 1) :

- If a select the spell, then its level and hold the '1' key, I get the message "X has been readied in Quickslot[1]"
- But if I hold an other numeric key while doing the previous manipulation, the message still refer to Quickslot[1] !!!
- I tryed using the numeric keyboard and the shift+key combo, but still no luck.

There are no error in the terminal launching Eschalon. However I think that the main cause of this issue is that I use a french keyboard (this is its mapping, please note if you want to enter the number 1 for instance, you have to enter shift+&).

I willing to help if you have any difficulty narrowing this issue, but please excuse my english (I'm french).

Thanks by advance for your support, and congratulations for Eschalon!
acoustibop
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by acoustibop »

Perhaps it might be an idea to make more use of the Function keys: AFAIK they remain unused in all keyboard layouts, so there should be no conflicts with using them, unless the user himself has already assigned functions to them.

Esschalon: Book I uses F1, F2 and F3, but none of the others. It would be nice to have a screenshot key, too, since I haven't been able to get a screenshot of the game to work..
farvardin
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by farvardin »

as far as I'm concerned, I could only get the quickspell to work by changing the keymap (using Qwerty keyboard). You can add a shortcut for the keymap change in the tray on the gnome desktop.
wizzim
Pledge

Post by wizzim »

Thanks for the answer !

Is there a cli (command line interface) way to change the layout ?

ps : à bientôt sur linuxfr ;)