Helping Balance Book II

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Helping Balance Book II

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Want to help us get Book II balanced?

Right now we are charting out skill progression for Book II. I would like to examine a few saved games from Book I to see how developed some of you people have gotten your character by end-game.

So, if you have a saved position somewhere at the very end of the game and you wish to share it with us so we can examine your character's progress, .zip up the single slot (not the whole saved games directory) and email it to:

support AT basiliskgames DOT com.

Please, do not send us your saved game if you have altered it during play...artificially skewed stats/gold/attributes will flaw our balancing of Book II.

Thanks everyone! :wink:
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Got it. I erased the the link as I assume you didn't intend to share it with the world. ;)

Thanks!
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

<bump> Need just a few more saved games to have a nice range for averaging...
Saxon1974
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Saxon1974 »

Ok, sent you mine.

Did you decide if the game is going to start over again with a level one character? Or will it start with the level you left of at in Book 1? I hope it starts over again, I like the early levels and building a character from scratch but a continuation of the story and world like the Ultima series.

Just my opinion though and Im sure some people will want to play the other way.
Saxon1974
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Saxon1974 »

Dang, the email didnt go through I get a message saying it cant be scanned for viruses because it contains too many embedded zip files. There aren't any that I can see.....?
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Yes, you will start with a fresh character. The storyline (i.e. Eschalon world events) continue from the first game, though.

As wonderful as the idea of charcater importing is, there are very, very few old school games that got it right because game balancing is ridiculously hard. Also, new skills and a modified skill progression tree means that imported characters would be broken.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Saxon1974 wrote:Dang, the email didnt go through I get a message saying it cant be scanned for viruses because it contains too many embedded zip files. There aren't any that I can see.....?
Hotmail? try taking the ".zip" extension off the filename and then send the file.
Saxon1974
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Saxon1974 »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:Yes, you will start with a fresh character. The storyline (i.e. Eschalon world events) continue from the first game, though.

As wonderful as the idea of charcater importing is, there are very, very few old school games that got it right because game balancing is ridiculously hard. Also, new skills and a modified skill progression tree means that imported characters would be broken.
Oh yes, great to hear that.
Saxon1974
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Saxon1974 »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:
Saxon1974 wrote:Dang, the email didnt go through I get a message saying it cant be scanned for viruses because it contains too many embedded zip files. There aren't any that I can see.....?
Hotmail? try taking the ".zip" extension off the filename and then send the file.
I was able to send it from my yahoo email. Let me know if you don't get it.