Trojan

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book I
Omensinger
Initiate

Trojan

Post by Omensinger »

I just bought the game yesterday through gamecentersolutions.com and have downloaded, installed and activated it. AVG has just removed eschalon book I.RWG and eschalon book 1. RWG (2080) because it has found PAKES.ABR trojan horse.

Is this a known issue with AVG or should I be worried ?

p.s. great game btw, demo got me hooked !
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Re: Trojan

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

I don't know anything about that. If that is a real Trojan, it sounds like it is somehow part of the DRM wrapper that gamecentersolutions (who is an affiliate of Reflexive) uses.

It could be a false positive, but I would still let gamecentersolutions know about it.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Omensinger
Initiate

Post by Omensinger »

Have emailed them to see what they say. I know AVG is particularly known for it's false positives, but I don't want to run the risk. Will post and let you know what they say.

Really looking forward to Book II :-)
Mongolian
Marshall

Post by Mongolian »

ummm.. i feel like I already got a trojan horse just by going to "http://support.gamecentersolution.com/", how did you not manage to get a trojan by clicking on anything?
Omensinger
Initiate

Post by Omensinger »

No joy from gamecentersolutions. No reply to any of my emails or support requests.

Is there an alternative place to download the full game ? I have activation keys etc, I just don't want to use the gamecentersolutions file ? the demo file is about 20mb smaller than the game download so I assume it has stuff missing from it and I can't use that ?
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Omensinger: contact Reflexive and tell them your problem/concern. Gamecentersolution is a Reflexive affiliate.

www.reflexive.com
Omensinger
Initiate

Post by Omensinger »

Hello,

The refund has been processed and the order has been canceled.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Regards,
GameCenterSolution Support
Guess I won't be playing any more. What little I did get to play I really enjoyed. Maybe if a CD ever comes available again I might see you again. Thanks for the support
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Well, if you buy the game directly from us you won't have the problem you mentioned above, and as of today the cost is now only $19.95!
:D
allenborder
Pledge

Post by allenborder »

Hi..
According to me, AVG Antivirus is the best because it detects mostly all the Virus and delete that virus.
AVG AntiVirus is really a nice antivirus i using it from last 2 years and because of that my PC run speedily....
alshidaa
Pledge

Post by alshidaa »

What's the difference between killing a trojan and quarantine trojan? I have CA Security Center, and it detected a trojan. Under the log it states that iit is killed. What is the difference between Killed and quarantined? Should I quarantine the trojan?
Last edited by alshidaa on June 19th, 2010, 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

Quarantining a virus means shoving it somewhere where it can't do anything... in case you're not sre it's a virus, or the AV software doesn't 100% recognize it as a virus. If the AV "killed" the virus, then it just deleted the infected file.
alenmcmilan
Pledge

Post by alenmcmilan »

I am also tired with Trojan virus. I just formate my PC yesterday night you know I was found 500 Trojan in my system , I used AVG anti virus. It was a amazingly kill the Trojan in my system.