Developers Notes: Eschalon World Map

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
azraelck
Senior Steward

Re: Developers Notes: Eschalon World Map

Post by azraelck »

realmzmaster wrote:Unfortunately, when designers or publishers try to put an exact date on a release and announce it to the public, one of two things will happen the product will be rushed to meet the deadline or the product will miss the release date. I like BW's approach in giving a ball park time. The best estimate is always when it is done, and most of the game stopping bugs have been crushed. Basically when the designer is satisfied and the alpha/beta testers have tried to break the game in as many ways as possible. I have played far to many games where the game got rushed to market. The design was great, lots of good ideas, but it was killed in execution. I have faith in BW and his team. Book I was great. I will be patient for a even better Book II.
Indeed. Anyone who wants a rush job, go play Might and Magic IX or Ultima IX. Horrible, horrible desecration of once grand RPGs. Or many of the later Sonic the Hedgehog games, or... well you get the picture.

Also look to the perpetually delayed, never hit a deadline Grimoire. I first read about it back in the early part of this century. 6 or 7 years later, it's still "Coming soon, Spring/Summer/Fall/Winter 200x". Soon it'll be 201X.

So let BW work at his pace. I want it now, but I want a good game much, much more. Because good games are far and few between.
http://grimmgames.freeforums.org/index.php

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity. - Edgar Allan Poe