New gaming sites....

Movies, politics, the inevitable collapse of our universe... whatever we're talking about, you're welcome to join the conversation!
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

New gaming sites....

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Fans of Eschalon-

As we enter into the final few months of Book 2 development, we are looking to expand coverage to additional gaming sites. Right now we get coverage from RPGWatch and GameBanshee, and some from RPGCodex and Blues News. There are a handful of quality Mac and Linux sites that run most of our news bits as well.

So, my question is: what additional gaming sites do you regularly visit that we might be able to add to our contact list? Did you discover Eschalon through a gaming site, blog or community that we should know about? If you have any suggestions, please list them here or send us an email.

Thanks! :D
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
dare49devil
Senior Council Member

Re: New gaming sites....

Post by dare49devil »

-Steam. lol.

-You can provide maybe a..'preorder' kinda thing. And they will get your name out a month before release or whatever.

-Also they can place it in the news feed. blahblahblah.

-I find most of my games through steam news on releases and such.
Slayer_
Initiate

Post by Slayer_ »

http://adrianwerner.wordpress.com/games-of-2009/

This site is great. It's how I found out about such titles as EB1, Age of Decadence and Mount & Blade. All games I would have never heard of.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

I visit 'Versiontracker' (has PC & Mac listings) and MacUpdate. The latter I saw Escalon mentioned after I had already gotten it (not to mention beta testing :) ) Never did see it on Versiontracker.

I found Escalon by searching Yahoo for 'Macintosh rpg turn-based games'. Came in on it before it was still in the alpha stage. It was exciting to see it unfold.

Searching google or Yahoo is how I find many of my games in their early stages. :)
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
Jtarz
Initiate

Post by Jtarz »

I found Exchalon through a (favourable) review in MacWorld. Have more or less given up looking at sites that are specifically for games because there are so few for Mac OSX
Samurai Drakon
Apprentice

Post by Samurai Drakon »

I found it on http://www.macgamefiles.com . I thought it had an interesting title (rpg-like), contrarily to the mass of "casual" games. All the reviews were favorable (5/5) and the screenshot was nice, so I tried it, and of course it was awsome!

The simple fact that it has "Book 1" hooks you on as it indicates more/future content. Had it been just "Eschalon" it might not of caught my eye.
My swords may be sharp, but so are my wits. I will first draw them and many think I never draw my blades; they are mistaken. It is because none have ever seen them ALIVE... because of my firey breath of course -The legendary Dragon Samurai
stifenhowk
Pledge

Post by stifenhowk »

hello Slayer,

I been to the site.Well nice information sharing,i must say.I am really pleased to see such article sharing at the community.I will let know about this to my friends also.I am sure this will help them lot.Try to share more like this in future.

thank you!!
MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by MyGameCompany »

I'll be happy to feature it on my site when it is released, along side Book 1.

I've generated some Book 1 sales for you, so I know some of my customers are interested. I can feature it on my blog and in my monthly newsletter. I'll probably write a full game review also.

Make sure you post an announcement on the IndieGamer forums. There are a bunch of Indie RPG developers there who will probably affiliate your game and get it in front of their customers.
Troy
Former indie game developer
Check out my Book III mods: The Mystery of Rockhammer Mine and Expedition into West Mirkland
Farwalker
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by Farwalker »

Jayisgames is another one
Rune_74
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by Rune_74 »

Well, colony of gamers which you already know about and thats about it...
Aldbeski
Marshall

Post by Aldbeski »

you can give avideo trailer to - reflexive.com and they will show it on the website.
P.s : excuse my bad English

Didn't reach my expectations (Eschalon Book 3)>> But Still, A Great Game nevertheless
tdisen
Initiate

Post by tdisen »

It's more of a hardware site, but I'm pretty sure I heard about Book 1 on the www.hardocp.com forums. The only other video game-related sites I visit on a regular basis are Giantbomb.com and penny-arcade.com
Iane
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by Iane »

Never go on gaming Sites and I found Basilisk Games through Google back who knows when
King_ov_Death
Senior Council Member

Post by King_ov_Death »

I found EB1 a couple of years ago in the BlitzBasic official site...

About the sites, try contacting Gamespot. I visit it often, I even did some reviews.
Voges12
Pledge

Post by Voges12 »

I think the sites you mentioned are enough for gaming.Personally I usually use RPGWatch.Thanks for the hardwork you did for us.