Legie - indie 3D RPG / adventure

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
franz
Pledge

Legie - indie 3D RPG / adventure

Post by franz »

Hi guys!
Here's a new game from our team. Legie is a unique combination of 3D adventure and "classic" dungeon with dark story about innkeeper, beer and the devil in Czech medieval town Jilemnice.

Image Image Image Image
dare49devil
Senior Council Member

Re: Legie - indie 3D RPG / adventure

Post by dare49devil »

-Reminds me of King's Quest: Mask of Eternity
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Post by Evnissyen »

Unfortunately the trailer doesn't tell me much. Maybe I'll look into it more.

I do have to say, though -- and people will probably disagree with me -- that I think too many indie developers are concentrating too much on the 3d graphics at the expense of the overall visual attitude and playability of the game, among other things. I'm not sure how to explain what I mean, but... too many of these new indie games coming out are 3d games that just fail to grab me because they don't have the staff to perfect the 3d graphics.

I'm much more comfortable with Eschalon's approach, and Spiderweb's approach. But if we're going for giving the player the sense that they are "really a part of" what's going on in the game, which I think this game looks like it's trying to do... well, I'd have to think about it a little, but I think there're probably ways of doing that without spending so much effort on the 3d graphics.

(And again: if you're doing 3d graphics, I think you really have to do it very capably. Easier to take the Eschalon or Diablo 2 approach, I would think?)
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.
geishaboy
Marshall

Post by geishaboy »

Looking good boys (or girls I guess), the demo video shows a lot of promise, and I thought "f**king awesome" at the forest part and the guy pouring himself a beer

I will have to keep an eye on it

Although, like Evnissyen, I prefer the "Eschalon approach" to graphics the most
sier
Initiate

Post by sier »

Downloaded the demo, liked it, and immediately buyed the game ;)
The combination of adventure and dungeon crawler is kinda cool. I was stuck a few times, a few more hints inside the game would be nice. But overall I really enjoy it so far :)

Edit: Oh, I'm playing this on Linux with Wine. Works nice, in case anyone cares ;)