Awesome game for $20

Movies, politics, the inevitable collapse of our universe... whatever we're talking about, you're welcome to join the conversation!
ChrisHallett
Initiate

Awesome game for $20

Post by ChrisHallett »

Am I the only person here playing Torchlight while I wait for Book II?

If that is the case, you guys are missing out bigtime!
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Re: Awesome game for $20

Post by Evnissyen »

Well, in my case there're two reasons for that:

1. They haven't released a Mac version, yet.

2. Even were I a PC user: they haven't even bothered to release a demo, yet, either. (Or if they have: their website hasn't told me where to find it. In the FAQ they simply state that they intend to release a demo.) (I've never bought a game, before, that hasn't provided a demo that allows me to try the game out and see how it feels . . . and I never will.)
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.
dare49devil
Senior Council Member

Post by dare49devil »

-There is a demo out.
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Post by Evnissyen »

Ah, you're right, Devil. I just went directly to http://www.torchlightgame.com/ and the download screen is right there. Silly me.

The comic strips on that screen are cool, too.

...Now if only they'd release it for Mac. They claimed they were going to, so I expect they will, eventually.
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.
getter77
Senior Steward

Post by getter77 »

Probably about Januaryish I think not far removed from the retail disc release.
http://www.roguetemple.com/forums/index.php?topic=395.0 What I'm trying to accomplish in life.
ChrisHallett
Initiate

Post by ChrisHallett »

It really is great!

I've had it a week and already I've put about 30 hours into it.

Sorry you miss out Evnissyen...
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

Straight from their faq:
Q: Will there be Mac and/or Linux-native versions of Torchlight? How about console or mobile?
A: We are currently working on a version of Torchlight for Snow Leopard (Mac OS X 10.6+). However, the editor will likely not make the transition to Mac OS. We have not made any decisions regarding versions on any other platforms as of this time. We do not currently have a release date for the Mac version.