Bug & Error Compendium nr. 2

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book II
IJBall
Major
Major

Re: Bug & Error Compendium nr. 2

Post by IJBall »

I'm not even sure if this is a 'bug', or if it's by design - but when you pull the levers on Lorewitch, Level 2, the only descriptive message you get is "You see a wooden lever." There's no "You hear the distant sound of a gate moving somewhere." type message.

Like I said, that may be by design. But if it's just an oversight, I think a nice "You hear the distant sound of a gate moving somewhere." type of message from pulling the Lorewitch, Level 2 levers would be helpful to players trying to figure that level out. FWIW. :)
AK_Marty
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by AK_Marty »

Kreador Freeaxe wrote:
AK_Marty wrote:Bug or feature?
I used Sonic Blast to stun an Outlander, then tried to hit him with fire dart. Nothing happened, fire dart would not work on him while he was stunned. I'm using 1.03
It's a bug. I brought it up elsewhere and BW confirmed bug. You cannot use a ranged attack on a stunned monster for some reason. I haven't tried hitting them hand-to-hand yet (my mage doesn't even carry a weapon).
Once he was stunned I was not able to attack in any way. I tried my sword, but not unarmed.
Alaska Marty
"It looks a lot more like it does now than it used to!"
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Very minor - not even sure it's really a "bug", but:

Resistance scores (e.g. Elemental Resistance) can go over 100% - or, at least, they can in combination with magical items and an Element Armor spell.

(P.S. It might be interesting if Resistance scores always "maxed" out a 98% or 99%, a la ToHit scores... just something for BW to mull over!)
Sslaxx
Council Member

Post by Sslaxx »

As intimated at viewtopic.php?p=31573#p31573 and viewtopic.php?p=31576#p31576 - using scare spells on non-hostile NPCs doesn't count as a crime.
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Sslaxx wrote:As intimated at viewtopic.php?p=31573#p31573 and viewtopic.php?p=31576#p31576 - using scare spells on non-hostile NPCs doesn't count as a crime.
That's not considered a 'bug' - it's considered a 'feature'. :wink:

(Just consider the Sparkling Wonder spell to be an irreplaceable part of any Rogue's 'bag of tricks'... :) )
Sslaxx
Council Member

Post by Sslaxx »

I can hit Sparrow from here with magic spells, but she can't hit me. I think door obstruction might not be working properly?
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.
Sslaxx
Council Member

Post by Sslaxx »

And in an inverse of that bug... why can't I shoot that wolf? It keeps on saying "Target is obscured!".
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Can't you see that he's hiding behind those 2x4s on the ground? ;-)
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
KillingMoon
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by KillingMoon »

Another walk-through tree in Fellpine Forest; I don't think Buckets has mentioned this one:
x=42, y=81.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Locking this thread as I prepare to put 1.04a BETA online to test. Everyone has done a great job reporting issues- so much that it is hard to make it through all the posts! I am not fixing every single thing that has been posted- just focusing on the real bugs that affect gameplay.

If I miss a bug has been reported and you feel that it must be fixed, or if you find something new that just has to be fixed for 1.04, please repost the bug in the 1.04 beta threat that will be up in the next day or so.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.