Werwolf quest and minor UI suggestions (spoiler)

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book II
vid
Senior Steward

Werwolf quest and minor UI suggestions (spoiler)

Post by vid »

Hi there,
having much fun with Book 2 so far.

Quest related:
- Is it correct, that the quest with the werwolf is unsolvable once i talked with the guy in Everdale? I killed the werwolf afterwards, grabbed his pelt, but the other guy wont accept it. Is that supposed to work like that, or a bug?

UI related:
- Would it be possible to implement the closing of an open chest by clicking on the chests container windows with the right mouse button? This would streamline collecting lots of bags (rat meat) a bit.

- Does it make sense to implement a mouse alternative of the "X"-Button? I find it very usefull, but like to play the game with the mouse only. I thought a good place would be the inventory button (chest), when clicked with the right mouse button. (you already implemented an alternative function for the questbook item)

- Could you also display the NESW-icons when the user presses TAB?

Cheers,
vid.
vid
Senior Steward

Re: Werwolf quest and minor UI suggestions (spoiler)

Post by vid »

Jedi_Learner wrote:
vid wrote:Is it correct, that the quest with the werwolf is unsolvable once i talked with the guy in Everdale? I killed the werwolf afterwards, grabbed his pelt, but the other guy wont accept it. Is that supposed to work like that, or a bug?
Depends on what you said to Harpen. Did you say you were staying out of this mess?
Can´t remember, but probably.
But nonetheless i should be able to double cross, kill him and solve the quest anyway.
obiwan
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by obiwan »

Right. I posted the same issue as well in the main eb2 forum. The thing is even although you tell Harpen you believe him, or that you want to stay out of it (just to end the dialogue friendly) you may just want to do that do hide that box of gunpowder right next to his tail.

And then fire it.

If the idea is to prevent him going after Xed, then Xed should be killed (or in combat) by the time you return to him (assuming you did not kill Harpen before you visit Xed again).
Now Xed does not even have a dialogue. All history of the events dissappeared.
cal1s
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by cal1s »

I believed Harpen and killed Xen. Unfortunately, after I had returned to Harpen, I wanted to know more and he suddenly shapeshifted. But I didn't want to kill him since I think it's nice to have one more magic shop. Going away and coming back after a few days, he still was in his shop in wolf-shape. I was forced to kill him ... :/
http://greywardens.com
Probably biggest Dragon Age fansite
-----------------------
Officially supported by BioWare/EA