[EDIT[Possible Glitch] Port Kuudad - Guard won't let you out

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
cal1s
Fellowcraft Apprentice

[EDIT[Possible Glitch] Port Kuudad - Guard won't let you out

Post by cal1s »

Hi,

When you have illegally entered the city and found a citizen writ and show it to a guard before you leave the city, the guard will let you pass and order another guard to open the gate. But since the gate must have been opened already, the gate will close and you will not be able to leave the city, unless you have quick travel.

Edit:

When you have used Quick Travel to leave the city and are returning by feet to enter the city again, the gates will not open since the guards will not respond accordingly. You will need Quick Travel again to enter the city.
http://greywardens.com
Probably biggest Dragon Age fansite
-----------------------
Officially supported by BioWare/EA
ManusDei
Council Member

Re: [EDIT[Possible Glitch] Port Kuudad - Guard won't let you

Post by ManusDei »

Kill them all, and you can enter again :twisted:
KillingMoon
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by KillingMoon »

When the gate was open, as you said it was, why didn't you simply go through?
Or, when you asked for the gate to be opened and they closed it, why didn't you ask a second time?
cal1s
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by cal1s »

KillingMoon wrote:When the gate was open, as you said it was, why didn't you simply go through?
Or, when you asked for the gate to be opened and they closed it, why didn't you ask a second time?
I wanted to test if my citizen writ was working. To answer your second question, you can ask a second time but they won't respond properly, as I said above.
-----------------------
Wester Egg
Initiate

Post by Wester Egg »

If the gate has been opened you always can sneak into the guard room with a lever and close the gate. Then you can show your writ to the guard and he will open the gate properly.

But it still can be a bug, because you cannot enter the guard room inside the city to open the gates from the inside. Unless you kill the guard, of course )
Last edited by Wester Egg on May 26th, 2010, 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cal1s
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by cal1s »

Wester Egg wrote:If the gate has been opened you always can sneak into the guard room with a lever and close the gate. Then you can show your writ to the guard and he will open the gate properly.
Somehow you guys dont read what I posted ;)

That doesn't work anymore if you have done the process I am describing above.
-----------------------
Buckets
Council Member

Post by Buckets »

cal1s wrote:Hi,

When you have illegally entered the city and found a citizen writ and show it to a guard before you leave the city, the guard will let you pass and order another guard to open the gate. But since the gate must have been opened already, the gate will close and you will not be able to leave the city, unless you have quick travel.

Edit:

When you have used Quick Travel to leave the city and are returning by feet to enter the city again, the gates will not open since the guards will not respond accordingly. You will need Quick Travel again to enter the city.
I'm sorry cal1s but I find this whole thing very confusing, the way you've written it. I think that's why you're finding the responses frustrating. Can you please write the problem again for us, maybe in point form telling us what you do and what happens step by step? Maybe there is a bug.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

cal1s wrote:
Wester Egg wrote:If the gate has been opened you always can sneak into the guard room with a lever and close the gate. Then you can show your writ to the guard and he will open the gate properly.
Somehow you guys dont read what I posted ;)

That doesn't work anymore if you have done the process I am describing above.
You'll just have to go invisible and open the gate yourself, again. ;-)

Yes, the guards will only open the gate once. You could do this in Blackwater in Book I, as I recall. If you managed to open the gate without paying the guards the first time, then (because you just felt like giving money to armed public servants) paid them to open the gate, they would close it.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Eschalonian
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Eschalonian »

Well, two wrongs will make a right in this case. You should not have shown the guard the writ and caused the gate to be closed, but since you did, you'd just have to open it again illegally, like you did the first time (I assume with a potion of invisibility).

* You open
* Guard closes
* You open again
* Gate stays opened.

Basically, I think they should make it so that the gate will close immediately after you enter or leave, and you will need to speak to the guards everytime you need to pass the gate (and in the case of entering, you'd also need to show your writ). That would make a lot more sense to me.
Aldbeski
Marshall

Post by Aldbeski »

if you have a save before showing the guard the citizen's writ just reload it and never show them the writ but keep it with u cause you are going to need it later
P.s : excuse my bad English

Didn't reach my expectations (Eschalon Book 3)>> But Still, A Great Game nevertheless
Kendahke
Initiate

Post by Kendahke »

along the same lines, I'm doing the quest of taking the message to "the authorities in Kuudad". I can't figure out who the authorities are. Not the guards at the gate or in front of the steps.

Where on the grid in Kuudad are "the authorities" located?
Kendahke
Initiate

Post by Kendahke »

So, I went to talk to Edwin to tell him about what happened south of Eastwillow. He is hostile to my character and won't speak. the conversation icon doesn't appear when I hover the mouse over him--the attack icon appears and the only interaction option I have is to kill him. What up wi'dat? I have not murdered anyone or been caught stealing, especially in Kuudad.

Is there something specific I need to do in order to complete this section of the quest?
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Kendahke wrote:So, I went to talk to Edwin to tell him about what happened south of Eastwillow. He is hostile to my character and won't speak. the conversation icon doesn't appear when I hover the mouse over him--the attack icon appears and the only interaction option I have is to kill him. What up wi'dat? I have not murdered anyone or been caught stealing, especially in Kuudad.

Is there something specific I need to do in order to complete this section of the quest?
Did you maybe use an area effect damage spell like Supernova? The only reason Edwin should be mad is if you damaged him or tried to steal something where he could see you. The solution is to cast Charm on him if you have it or toss a Charm Cloud potion by him. Once the Charm wears off, he should be a friendly NPC again.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Kendahke
Initiate

Post by Kendahke »

No, I've been on my best behavior.

Hadn't thought of the charm solution... many thanks!