Eschalon translated ?

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
Illuvar
Initiate

Eschalon translated ?

Post by Illuvar »

Will different versions of Eschalon in different languages be released ?

Community could help for translations ...

(i'm french for the explanation) :)
Grue
Steward

Post by Grue »

From the Q&A thread:
BasiliskWrangler wrote:Sorry, English only for now. Localized versions, if we do any, would probably be done in our spare time while working on Book II.
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Illuvar
Initiate

Post by Illuvar »

thanks for the answer and sorry for the question !
Rollor
Marshall

Post by Rollor »

You should be ashamed asking questions that have already been answered in the 29 pages Q&A thread ;)
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

...and our apologies for not doing a properly structured FAQ document. Although we got a start on it (thanks to Dragonlady) it never got organized properly because it is low on our priority list, you know, compared to actually finishing the game and all. :wink:

Illuvar- Grue is correct. No translation plans at this time. The biggest problem with translating Book I is that I don't think the font set used in the game supports alternate language characters, and many of the data files are in a proprietary format, so accessing them for translation won't be very easy.

We promise that Book II will be more easily translatable, and if the demand for Book I in an alternate language is high enough, we'll work with the community to figure out how to get it done.
Illuvar
Initiate

Post by Illuvar »

Rollor wrote:You should be ashamed asking questions that have already been answered in the 29 pages Q&A thread ;)
Yes you're right for punishement I will strike myself with a whip ! :wink:

The real question is : I can gain xp for this ? :twisted:

Ps : I think I could help for french traduction
Last edited by Illuvar on October 12th, 2007, 8:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gothmog
Marshall

Post by Gothmog »

If needed i offer my help for a German translation. Just in case... :)
"FUL IR"
PaSquall
Steward

Post by PaSquall »

BasiliskWrangler wrote: Illuvar- Grue is correct. No translation plans at this time. The biggest problem with translating Book I is that I don't think the font set used in the game supports alternate language characters,
That would be a problem for french translation, with acute, grave and circumflex accents, cedillas, and a few other odd characters... Definitely to be taken into account for book 2 (if you wish to have it translated, that is).
and many of the data files are in a proprietary format, so accessing them for translation won't be very easy.
This is probably easier to circumvent. You could send a .txt file with the text and dialogs to the translator, and when he sends you back the translated text you can encode it in your proprietary format.
We promise that Book II will be more easily translatable, and if the demand for Book I in an alternate language is high enough, we'll work with the community to figure out how to get it done.
I could possibly give a hand too, but no guarantee, as I don't have a clue on how much free time I'll have next year...
RezoApio
Marshall

Post by RezoApio »

Just new here so I hve also asked the question about translation... ok maybe next time then...

I can also give an hand for French and also spanish...

Cheers
Rezo
Gardez suffisament d'humour pour ne pas perdre l'esprit au nom de la raison.
Ama la realidad que construyes y ni aun la muerte detendra tu paso.