Crash on entering a map.

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book I
iamtantan
Pledge

Crash on entering a map.

Post by iamtantan »

Every time I try to entering the map on west of "Northern Thaermore". No matter I enter from "Northern Thaermore" or the map on south of that bad map.
I remember having entered the map once, but at that time I am not powerful enough to deal with the monster chasing me. Will this affect? How should I do to over come the crashing?
iamtantan
Pledge

Re: Crash on entering a map.

Post by iamtantan »

Some information to add:
I try to going the same map by a new charactor. It OK for the new charactor to enter the map, but it's always crash for my old charactor.
Thinking about play my charactors again...
IJBall
Major
Major

Re: Crash on entering a map.

Post by IJBall »

Out of curiosity, what version of Book I are you playing? - If you're not playing v1.05, I'd try downloading that first (you may need to E-mail BW for a new download link) and seeing if v1.05 solves your issue...

Here's what I'd advise doing if you are currently playing with v1.05: .zip up the Save Slot folder for the character that keeps crashing the game, and E-mail it to info -AT- basiliskgames DOT com - let BW know what's happened (i.e. what's causing the crash).

Doing this will allow BW either to see what's specifically wrong with your game, or it may allow him to squash a bug that will affect others.