Quest of the snow pup in durnmore

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
bossonova
Initiate

Quest of the snow pup in durnmore

Post by bossonova »

ok level 13 mage. I got this quest from the mayor of the town. I clear all the enemies and scout out the locations on the same screen. everything is clear, some loot and all is good. now i go south to try to get another screen and it says far reaches and snow blah blah and it won't let me pass into that screen. now the mayor said that shebaba i think her name is. she is the mother of the snow pups is south east of the location of durnmore. i go to the east and i pass through screens. the snow wolves are very tough as my fire dart spell usually misses due to the weather and my melee skills with a mace are lvl 10 but it tries to hit at 29% hit probability. i kill off a few of them with potions ofcourse. then i need to rest to refill hp and mp and a freezing blizzard hits me and i start losing health and i am in the pitch black. That is about as far as i can get? Where exactly is the location of the snow pups? is there a trick to get just the one to follow u cause the mayor just wants only one, as he stresses? I would need advice about how to get past the situation i'm in. also i have been thinking about how i can get to hammerlorne if i can't finish this small quest. where exactly is hammerlorne starting from the town of durnmore? and i just have to say that this part of the game is pretty difficult and i play rpgs all the time.
raverdave2k
Senior Council Member

Re: Quest of the snow pup in durnmore

Post by raverdave2k »

The snow pup your looking for is not actually an npc, its an object that will appear in your inventory. You need to find a nest guarded by a larger wolf.
My modifications for Eschalon Book I: RaverDave's Book I Mod
My modifications for Eschalon Book II: Port Kuudad Tower - Now Open, Treasure Of The Orakur

All previous versions avaliable here
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

The snow wolf burrow is also easier to find going from Raven's Gate than from Durnore. Just head due west. You do not want to kill Sheba, remember, or take more than one pup, so you need to draw her out from around the nest and try to get in and grab one.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
KillingMoon
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by KillingMoon »

The world over there is a white nothing with no landmarks, so it's difficult to orientate.

From Durnore to get to the burrow is one map east, then one map south, then all the way in the south-west corner of this map.
Finishing this quest is not needed for progression, but of course it's some XP and gold, and it's part of the game to finish quests like this.

Hammerlorne is straight west from Durnore, just following the line between mountains and snow will get you to the back entrance eventually.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

You might also want to check out the world map thread.

http://www.basiliskgames.com/forums/vie ... 6&start=30
james Wilkes
Initiate

Post by james Wilkes »

The wolves are tough -- I find fleshboil worked well and if they are together fireball - once you find the pups just grab one and run for it --
Jammeez
Initiate

Post by Jammeez »

My [not so] funny story about the wolf pup quest: I am playing through for the second time. first time was a couple years ago when book II first came out. fought and fought to get from lvl 10 (my last major game save) to lvl 13. On my way to Durnore and I run across the she wolf and her pups. I remember there is a quest, but not the specifics, so I kill the wolf and take all the pups... of course I quicksave before arriving in Durnore and finding the quest failed. :oops:

I really wanted that quest, so I reloaded at lvl 10 and fixed a few other things along the way. Got myself into some new trouble with dehydration, too. But that's a whole other story. :roll: