Gold in Hammerlorn

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
fretless
Pledge

Gold in Hammerlorn

Post by fretless »

A few levels into Hammerlorn mine, I found a room full of gold. The door was barred and I've found no way to get in. Is there any way to get the gold, or is just there as a prop of sorts?
MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Re: Gold in Hammerlorn

Post by MyGameCompany »

I think it's just for show. I've never found a way into that room. In fact, I think the game text tells you that even if you could get in, there's no way you could carry off that much gold.
Troy
Former indie game developer
Check out my Book III mods: The Mystery of Rockhammer Mine and Expedition into West Mirkland
raverdave2k
Senior Council Member

Post by raverdave2k »

The 3 chests in there contain several gold bars and a diamond but the piles of gold are just floor decals and can't be collected.
My modifications for Eschalon Book I: RaverDave's Book I Mod
My modifications for Eschalon Book II: Port Kuudad Tower - Now Open, Treasure Of The Orakur

All previous versions avaliable here
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

And after you return to Hammerlorn with the plasma wand, don't forget to curse Jedi_Learner's skill with an image editor. ;-)
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

I read the post, and thought - yeah right... Then I looked at who posted it... *sigh* He gets me every time. If only if only...

EDIT: By the way though, if in the map editor you did remove the gate, the chests just random loot I assume, or is there even anything in them, or what?

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Vroqren wrote:I read the post, and thought - yeah right... Then I looked at who posted it... *sigh* He gets me every time. If only if only...

EDIT: By the way though, if in the map editor you did remove the gate, the chests just random loot I assume, or is there even anything in them, or what?
Several people have edited themselves past the gates. They are just random loot.
---

team.iMw
Pledge

Post by team.iMw »

So what have we got ... The trick with the broken gates of Mithril - impossible? Or is there, still, what is the path to these chests?
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

The chests are purely decorative, like the ones in several of the shops throughout the game.
---

team.iMw
Pledge

Post by team.iMw »

Kreador Freeaxe wrote:The chests are purely decorative, like the ones in several of the shops throughout the game.
Big thx.