Fathamurk - Loot fest or pure evil? (Spoilers)

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Fathamurk - Loot fest or pure evil? (Spoilers)

Post by Lord_P »

This one day I decided to do Fathamurk. Didn't quite make it so I decided to do Hammerlorne first and come back later. So I did Hammerlorne and Lorewitch, even went to Talushorn for a visit, and then came back.

It was very fun in the beginning. Interesting puzzles and nice lore. The invisible maze was tough, until I figured out how to do it. Passed the tight corridoor with Mutated Assassin Stalks with an invisiblity potion. Loads of loot and fun overall. Until I got to the Stone Golem...

I had forgot my Plasma Wand! :shock:

No powder kegs were also remaining to be used on the golem.
Can you imagine my anger? One and a half hours worth of adventuring lost. :evil:
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Re: Fathamurk - Loot fest or pure evil? (Spoilers)

Post by Randomizer »

Depending upon your character's primary attack it's possible to win without those items. It is supposed to be a challenge area.

Mostly it helps to have potions or spells to haste the character. If you are using melee weapons than ogre strength to increase damage, missile attackers want increased dexterity, and mages and healers just want to lob spells from a safe distance.
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Re: Fathamurk - Loot fest or pure evil? (Spoilers)

Post by Lord_P »

My character was a level 17 mage, but I had no tier 3 damage spells. I just couldn't defeat the regenerating golem with Sunder Flesh.

I re-did it in this way: I had four powder kegs. With them I managed the stone golem into a tight corner, so that all of the kegs would explode on him. After that I just finished the job with plasma wand. Got a bit worse loot than last time (apart from Dragon Skin Armor [base value 9000]) but still gained 8000+ coins. :) It was fun overall!