Just finished game-Thanks and My Thoughts

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
deathknight1728
Illustrious
Illustrious

Just finished game-Thanks and My Thoughts

Post by deathknight1728 »

Well, the journey for now, has ended. I have dispatched gramuk and to be honest, had a very fun time as well. Here's the things that i think make this game series fun-

-The stat system. This is really well done for this game. Every stat can be maximized when making a character. The character i made maxed out all his points in speed and still had a very realistic and challenging time playing the game. There are many games where one or more stats are overpowered. I wouldn't say this is true for this series.

-The story. The story is very realistic and one of the things i like about this series is the fact that there's less focus on the dialog and more on the major events in game. I feel like i can actually appreciate getting to confront the main bad guy and talking it out, after fighting for 14 hours in game with less dialog. The only game that i can feel that for as well was geneforge1.

-The replay ability. Not much to say here, this game can and will be replayed numerous times because of the sheer fact that it's nonlinear and has an extremely diverse class system.

-The shortness of the main quest is a very good thing for me. While I've read reviews that this is a problem, i don't think so. The reason why is that, the actual game can be beaten in short, but completing every quest in game can take up to 40-50 hours. This is good because you can please both the gamer that wants a long game and short one too.

-Most importantly, the view in game is excellent isometric view (my favorite). You really can't go wrong with that.

I would say this game is a 12 out of 10 as not many experiences have been just right in all categories. I know that since i like this series i definitely hope that basilisk wrangler makes all new game series in isometric view like this epic game. Its guaranteed success!
"As long as 60% of the things you do are good, it doesnt matter what the 40% is."-PQ

His face turns a twisted grin. Its a little disturbing. "Vicious vermin, I'd like to strangle every one of them."-Captain Johnson, Avernum
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Re: Just finished game-Thanks and My Thoughts

Post by Lord_P »

deathknight1728 wrote:-The shortness of the main quest is a very good thing for me. While I've read reviews that this is a problem, i don't think so. The reason why is that, the actual game can be beaten in short, but completing every quest in game can take up to 40-50 hours. This is good because you can please both the gamer that wants a long game and short one too.
There is a slight void in between the quests for low-level characters and for high-level characters. It's slightly annoying when you have done all the easy quests and what remains is "Go there. There be raptors."