I need a challenge!

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
deathknight1728
Illustrious
Illustrious

I need a challenge!

Post by deathknight1728 »

Im actually set on my character which is a survivalist/rogue that i made after thinking up some cool ideas.

After playing the game from beating book 1, i don't know if its just me, but with the attack modes and weapon feats, the game is too easy. Im already at port kudad although i haven't entered yet. Can anyone suggest a place thats worth a challenge to a lvl 4 character?
"As long as 60% of the things you do are good, it doesnt matter what the 40% is."-PQ

His face turns a twisted grin. Its a little disturbing. "Vicious vermin, I'd like to strangle every one of them."-Captain Johnson, Avernum
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: I need a challenge!

Post by Painted Lady »

Have you been to Westwillow yet?
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

Sending a level 4 to Westwillow is kind of rude...

I suggest you just head to Broken Blade, maybe find a way into Port K. Once you get in, the Spiders Quest offered by the Mayor can be a good short challenge.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Painted Lady »

Well, I thought that he thought the game was too easy. If he wants a serious challenge Westwillow would definitely provide one.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

If he wants a serious challenge, send a level 4 into Fathamurk. ;-)

Death Knight, have you done the caves between Eastwillow and Everdale? Those can also lead you around the back to another way into Port K, which has some fun stuff. You can always wander up to the Salted Coast to see how you like the challenge of Mire Trolls. Or go back the other way and play with devilmanders and goliath boreheads and such.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Lord_P »

Kreador Freeaxe wrote:You can always wander up to the Salted Coast to see how you like the challenge of Mire Trolls.
Salted Coast is in Thaermore... :roll:
Mire Trolls are in Forsaken Coast (aka Devil's Slough) and Mistfell Northern Coast.

Have you defeated the Red wolves of Yoma Headwater and Wolfenwood yet? (Although that wouldn't be much of a challenge, it would still generate exp and money!)
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Lord_P wrote:
Kreador Freeaxe wrote:You can always wander up to the Salted Coast to see how you like the challenge of Mire Trolls.
Salted Coast is in Thaermore... :roll:
Mire Trolls are in Forsaken Coast (aka Devil's Slough) and Mistfell Northern Coast.

Have you defeated the Red wolves of Yoma Headwater and Wolfenwood yet? (Although that wouldn't be much of a challenge, it would still generate exp and money!)
Oops. I see it's been too long since I've done a run-through. The world is blurring in my mind. ;-)
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.