getting past crackamir gate question

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
conarn
Pledge

getting past crackamir gate question

Post by conarn »

Cant seem to get past the locked gate that leads to the southern Crackamir areas. Ive read the walkthru and have noticed the key is in a chest in the Fort near bordertown. However, Ive already delivered the letter to the some guy there and have left the fort. But now I cannot re-enter the fort to get that specific key. Is there another way past this Crackamir gate or another way to get that key? Already level 11 and have all quick travels listed. Need help to continue game!
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Re: getting past crackamir gate question

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

conarn wrote:Cant seem to get past the locked gate that leads to the southern Crackamir areas. Ive read the walkthru and have noticed the key is in a chest in the Fort near bordertown. However, Ive already delivered the letter to the some guy there and have left the fort. But now I cannot re-enter the fort to get that specific key. Is there another way past this Crackamir gate or another way to get that key? Already level 11 and have all quick travels listed. Need help to continue game!
There are two other ways into Crackamir (and a third becomes available for travel back-and-forth once you've been there). One is through the Ossuary and one is with a teleport you have to fix near Border Town.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Painted Lady »

Kreador is referring to the Tangletree Ossuary. Have you been there yet?
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

Wow, sorry. That was a huge oversight on my part. I will put the other two ways to get into Crakamir in the walkthrough. Kreador and Painted Lady had it right though. There is a way through the Tangletree Ossuary, a difficult but rewarding dungeon, and another way is through a teleport near (Bordertown? I know the room on the other side has three teleports, 1 of which leading to Blackwater, as you mentioned Kreador, but I was under the impression that could only be opened from the inside. I thought the original teleport in order to get into Crakamir in the first place [the one needing repair] was East of Bordertown... Please correct me if I'm wrong so I can get it right in my Walkthrough).

Hopfully that helps Conarn.
Last edited by Vroqren on April 21st, 2013, 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
conarn
Pledge

Post by conarn »

Thanks guys! Yes, ive been in Ossuary but gave up due to the constant diseases I kept getting. (using a fighter based character) However now that I know of this alternate way of passing the Crackamir gate, I will try to pass thru there with whatever it takes. (probabably more hours of game time..heh heh) I dont recall seeing any portals in bordertown area. I will have to re-check.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

conarn wrote:Thanks guys! Yes, ive been in Ossuary but gave up due to the constant diseases I kept getting. (using a fighter based character) However now that I know of this alternate way of passing the Crackamir gate, I will try to pass thru there with whatever it takes. (probabably more hours of game time..heh heh) I dont recall seeing any portals in bordertown area. I will have to re-check.
The portal isn't active near Border Town. It's not in the town. It's actually on a separate small map accessed from a nearby building. If you read the book on transference circuits, you'll know how to fix it.
---

Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

(Psst Kreador... That portal does lead to Crakamir, right? Just want to double check for the walkthrough)

Anyway, I think you'll find the Ossuary fun. I assume your probably quite a bit more prepared now than you were when you first entered. Good luck!

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Vroqren wrote:(Psst Kreador... That portal does lead to Crakamir, right? Just want to double check for the walkthrough)

Anyway, I think you'll find the Ossuary fun. I assume your probably quite a bit more prepared now than you were when you first entered. Good luck!
Yes. I believe it's the righthand platform in the house of three portals.
---

Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Lord_P »

The portal is actually the best way of accessing Crakamir IMO. It leads one map away from Giants' Village and two maps away from Goblin Citadel.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Lord_P wrote:The portal is actually the best way of accessing Crakamir IMO. It leads one map away from Giants' Village and two maps away from Goblin Citadel.
The second portal that you can access after you've been to Crakamir the first time is definitely the most efficient (least walking back and forth). But each route should be learned. It's too much fun searching every nook and cranny.
---