How long did it take you to finish the game?

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
Saxon1974
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

How long did it take you to finish the game?

Post by Saxon1974 »

Just curious how long it takes other people to play.

Im at about 24 hours play time right now and I don't think I am that close to being done, there are still quite a few places I have not been yet (I think).
cubgrace
Apprentice

Post by cubgrace »

Thomas past posts, suggest around a 20 for the main quest and 20 for the side quests, I think
sfoc
Initiate

Post by sfoc »

18.7 hrs I think it was, did every quest I came by, but there were still some things left to do, like finding the last easter egg and the like. Played a fighter with the ability to use a bow.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

One guy emailed me and said that he powered through it in 17 hours, but he certainly is missed a lot of content, and (although he didn't admit to it) I believe he took advantage of many of the early exploits.

I think 25-30 hours is average for most people.
mortification8
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by mortification8 »

I did all the quests, found the eggs, mapped all of the area, etc. in 18.9 hours.
This space intentionally left blank.
Aganazer
Apprentice

Post by Aganazer »

I finished around 25 hours. There were two quests that were not finished, two easter eggs that I didn't find, and the riddle in Tangletree Osssuary was only 75% complete.

I probably spent another 5 hours messing around with other characters. So 30 hours for a $30 game. Not bad! I'm glad I didn't buy COD4!
Allorman
Initiate

Post by Allorman »

About 29 hours. This was inclusive of all the quests I could find and exploring almost all of the maps. It was a restart from my initial mage character, however, who had seen everything up to the Goblin Citadel/Most of Carakamir so I did skip through a lot of the conversations and notes.
Saxon1974
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Saxon1974 »

Wow, I guess I am really taking my time then :)

I don't want it to end, so that's probably why I am taking my time in each area.
agnari
Senior Steward

Post by agnari »

about 20 hours but i only had 2 of the easter eggs in my possession

AND i never found a use for the widget - if there was one.
Adventuring my way thru RPGs one pixel at a time.
clayman
Initiate

Post by clayman »

I played just 8h and 7 lvl now ,there are so many contents waiting for me :P

I love this game 8)
chamr
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by chamr »

Saxon1974 wrote:Wow, I guess I am really taking my time then :)

I don't want it to end, so that's probably why I am taking my time in each area.
Don't feel bad, Saxon. I'm over 20hrs in and I don't think I'm even halfway. :) Partly because I'm playing a class that, apparently, requires more thought/time in combat (Ranger), and mostly because I like to uncover every inch of map and turn over every stone my fist play-through of a game like this.
Saxon1974
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Saxon1974 »

chamr wrote:
Saxon1974 wrote:Wow, I guess I am really taking my time then :)

Don't feel bad, Saxon. I'm over 20hrs in and I don't think I'm even halfway. :) Partly because I'm playing a class that, apparently, requires more thought/time in combat (Ranger), and mostly because I like to uncover every inch of map and turn over every stone my fist play-through of a game like this.
Im not at about 28 hours and still have 4 or 5 quests in the log and have not been to a few areas. Its looking like I will get about 40 hours at least into this game, im very happy with that. Except for the ending part :cry:
GSV3MiaC
Senior Council Member

Post by GSV3MiaC »

About 24 hours for me, but I may have left the clock running while I ate dinner once or twice (I assume it's counting wall-clock time). I did all the quests I got given .. plus easter eggs, plus 'surprises' (like the guy I killed Lilith for coming back at me with his chums).
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

I'm going on 27 hours and a little past the middle of the game..or so I surmise from what people are saying in the forums. I take my time and also check out a whole map section looking for hidden goodies in the trees or mountains, etc. :D
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
Brother None
Initiate

Post by Brother None »

'bout 21-22.

Got three easter eggs, never figured out what to do with them