Character level up problem

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book I
bezimek
Initiate

Character level up problem

Post by bezimek »

First sorry for my english . I played in E:B 1 demo and find problem. One of my friend said it is 1.02 version, too

My level 1 warrior stats are:

str - 18
dex - 14
end - 18
spe - 14
int - 15
wis - 15
per - 15
con - 15

hit points 54
mana points 45

skill:

heavy armor - 5
swords - 5
mercantile - 1

Now I level up from level 1 to level 3 ( 2 level at once). I add 2 points to str. (18 +2) and 4 points to end. ( 18 + 4). A received 13 hit points and 7 mana points . IMHO I should received 14 hit points and 6 mana points (7 hit points per level + 3 mana points per level x 2) because I incresed stats which give more hit ppoints not mana. Or maybe I am wrong ??
Greyloch
Initiate

Post by Greyloch »

I get less than that per level myself, and my character has an Endurance of 25, and a Strength of either 22 or 20, I forget which. I think I got 6 hp last level-up (6th level). I could be wrong, but that's what I recall. I've never gotten as much as 7/lvl, I'm pretty sure.
"You call me a masterless man. You are wrong. I am my own master." -Ronin
bezimek
Initiate

Post by bezimek »

Each class gets diffrent number of hp/mp per level . As I said before I played as Fighter and I make a test :

Stats as above :

Test I.

Level up from level 1 to 2. I rise str +1 and end +2. I get 6 hp and 3 mp
Level up from level 2 to 3. I rise str +1 and end +2. I get 7 hp and 3 mp

Test II.

Level up from level 1 to 3 in one level up ( I have exp to level up two levels at once). I rise str +2 and end + 4. I get 13 hp and 7 mp

Summary:

Test I:
6 hp (level up from 1 to 2) + 7hp (level up from 2 to 3) = 13 hp
3 mp (level up from 1 to 2) + 3 mp (level up from 2 to 3) = 6 mp

Test II:
level up from 1 to 3= 13 hp
level uo from 1 to 3 = 7 hp

13 hp/ 6 mp to 13 hp/ 7 mp

Something is wrong here . As I said before IMHO a should receive 14 hp and 6 mp not 13 hp and 7 mp because I incresed stats which give more hit points not mana points !
Greyloch
Initiate

Post by Greyloch »

Ouch, I was unaware of that. I thought the only difference in classes was the freebie skill. Thanks for letting me know, that will help when planning future characters (my current one is a Warlock).
"You call me a masterless man. You are wrong. I am my own master." -Ronin