Can't get out..after Crux of Fire

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
TaarNah
Initiate

Can't get out..after Crux of Fire

Post by TaarNah »

Returned the Crux of Fire .. got all the quests..from both guys after fighting the blue alligators that appeared when I entered this second time...with the Crux of Fire.

I went to go to the Mage Tower, but, I can't leave.

The only exit is blocked with bars. I don't have the "glass thingy" on me this time as I remembered where the "rock" was. To limit weight in Hammerlorne, I left everything in a chest in town..

I can't find any levers or switches that might open the gate. I used the glass the first time I entered this "hidden" area... went and got the Crux of Fire, and went back... the "glass" is not on me this second time.

Did I mess up....am I stuck here since I can't fast travel out...
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Can't get out..after Crux of Fire

Post by Vroqren »

Don't take this as rude, but I don't really understand where exactly you are stuck?
From your post I gathered it was one of the following:
Hammerlorne, the Dwarvern Mine
Crius Vindica, the Secret Guild
Or Lorewitch, the Mage's Tower.

The only place of these that I know of bars appearing, blocking your way would be Lorewitch, though from what I gathered, that's where you want to be, not where you are.
If you can tell us the area you're in, it wouldhelp us get you out.

If worst comes to worst though, you can always use the map editor to get yourself out. I understand not feeling entirely right aaobut that though.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

TaarNah wrote:Returned the Crux of Fire .. got all the quests..from both guys after fighting the blue alligators that appeared when I entered this second time...with the Crux of Fire.

I went to go to the Mage Tower, but, I can't leave.

The only exit is blocked with bars. I don't have the "glass thingy" on me this time as I remembered where the "rock" was. To limit weight in Hammerlorne, I left everything in a chest in town..

I can't find any levers or switches that might open the gate. I used the glass the first time I entered this "hidden" area... went and got the Crux of Fire, and went back... the "glass" is not on me this second time.

Did I mess up....am I stuck here since I can't fast travel out...
Sounds like you're in the Crius Vindica hideout. Yes, you need to keep the looking glass on you at all times to keep going in and out there. It's your passkey, even beyond spotting the correct rock. So, yep, I hope you have a save not far before that.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

I think you can use Xoloti 's editor to move your character:

http://www.basiliskgames.com/forums/vie ... =12&t=3856
Necromis
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by Necromis »

Randomizer wrote:I think you can use Xoloti 's editor to move your character:

http://www.basiliskgames.com/forums/vie ... =12&t=3856
If not he can at least give himself the spyglass.
The Quickest way to a man's heart is thru his back.
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

Kreador Freeaxe wrote:Yes, you need to keep the looking glass on you at all times to keep going in and out there. It's your passkey, even beyond spotting the correct rock.
If this is the case, how did he get stuck in the guild? I understand getting stuck out of the guild, but it doens't make sense for him to be able to get in without a way out...

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

When you walk in, there's a sign that warns you about going forward. Then you get to the room with the blue light. If you have the Glass it turns green and nothing else happens. If you don't, it turns red and you're stuck.
---

SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

Kreador Freeaxe wrote:When you walk in, there's a sign that warns you about going forward. Then you get to the room with the blue light. If you have the Glass it turns green and nothing else happens. If you don't, it turns red and you're stuck.
This is another one of those fun things you're not supposed to do that I keep meaning to try. Also getting trapped with the dimensional eyes in the underground repository Book I (although Portal should get you out of that) and causing a snow wolf massacre in Dunore :)
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

SpottedShroom wrote:
Kreador Freeaxe wrote:When you walk in, there's a sign that warns you about going forward. Then you get to the room with the blue light. If you have the Glass it turns green and nothing else happens. If you don't, it turns red and you're stuck.
This is another one of those fun things you're not supposed to do that I keep meaning to try. Also getting trapped with the dimensional eyes in the underground repository Book I (although Portal should get you out of that) and causing a snow wolf massacre in Dunore :)
The snow wolf massacre is FUN, if you happen to be playing a chaotic evil sort. ;-)
---

IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

SpottedShroom wrote:
Yeah. I guess I'm too "linear", but I nearly always plays games like this "straight", and never deliberately try to "tank" quests, or slaughter all the NPCs, or stuff like that.

So, I guess as a result, I miss some of the cool consequences that would happen if I played the game "bent" a little more... :roll: :lol:
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Painted Lady »

SpottedShroom wrote: This is another one of those fun things you're not supposed to do that I keep meaning to try. .....and causing a snow wolf massacre in Dunore :)
I've never had a snow wolf massacre in Dunore. When and where does that become a possiblity? Is it during the "get a pup" quest?
TaarNah
Initiate

Post by TaarNah »

Crius Vindica hideout...that's where I am. The first time I went there, I got right in, using the glass thing. The second time, as I entered, a bunch of blue alligators attacked me.

But, other than that, I had no trouble getting in. Saw the light change, but I thought it had to do with the monsters and me having the Crux in my inventory.

I think that, without the glass, I shouldn't have been allowed to get back in till I went and got it. Not sure, but I think this stinks....

Oh well... I've got a "save" somewhere....

Thanks all..
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

Painted Lady wrote:
SpottedShroom wrote: This is another one of those fun things you're not supposed to do that I keep meaning to try. .....and causing a snow wolf massacre in Dunore :)
I've never had a snow wolf massacre in Dunore. When and where does that become a possiblity? Is it during the "get a pup" quest?
You kill Shebara and then snow wolves show up when you turn in the wolf pup quest as you leave the building.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Randomizer wrote:
Painted Lady wrote:
You kill Shebara and then snow wolves show up when you turn in the wolf pup quest as you leave the building.
Doesn't it also happen if you take more than one of the pups out of the den?...
Firall
Initiate

Post by Firall »

SpottedShroom wrote: Doesn't it also happen if you take more than one of the pups out of the den?...
Only if they are still in your inventory when you go to turn it in. Oddly, you can take them all, sell/stash them, with no consequence.