Unequiping and re equiping items at no cost

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
dak
Marshall

Unequiping and re equiping items at no cost

Post by dak »

I think it should cost a turn to unequip an item, or to switch weapons.

Now I have some penatly for casting spells, so I have to remove my gauntlet to cast it, but since it doesn't cost me any turn to remove the gauntlet as long as the enemy is not right next to me or ranged I do not lose anything, and even if they are I just lose a little bit of armor for one turn to cast this spell........

Besides just to make it realistic, I can change armor in the middle of a fight without it costing me a single turn that's just weird!
Psilon
Initiate

Post by Psilon »

Yeah, late-game I found a Divine Ore Greatsword that was heavier than I could cast with, so I ended up toggling to Demon Oil whenever I wanted spells. Adding a one-turn penalty for switching equipment would be a Good Thing, in my opinion.
leonhartt
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by leonhartt »

Yes, this would be useful in bringing balance to the game. Add one turn for any weapon swapping.
RezoApio
Marshall

Post by RezoApio »

Maybe make it one turn for fighting mode change rather than just weapon.

I mean that I may want to change the amulet I wear when I change weapon (like my cleaving amulet when I use the axe vs my + 2 dex amulet when I fire the bow).

I do agree the 1 turn penalty is a good idea (With patch 1.03, you ahve the 1 turn penalty for switching torch if you extingish it via UI but not if it extingish itself by firing an arow ;-))

(Should that go in Book II ideas ?)
Gardez suffisament d'humour pour ne pas perdre l'esprit au nom de la raison.
Ama la realidad que construyes y ni aun la muerte detendra tu paso.
Iane
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by Iane »

Um guys read this - may just end up in V1.04 patch :wink: