[Spoiler!] On questing unethically near Blackwater--nice job

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
Psilon
Initiate

[Spoiler!] On questing unethically near Blackwater--nice job

Post by Psilon »

I just want to say that the most awesome moment I had in my game was a long-delayed sidequest result. I had decided to try the "backstab Lilith and bring me her amulet" quest in Blackwater. Of course, I made a side trip to the vault once I had the amulet, and retrieved a sword of 100% pure awesome. I then gave the guy the requested amulet, collected my gold, and thought no more of it since I had already done the only other Lilith quest in the main arc and Mr. Shady didn't seem to care.

Then, hours of gameplay and quicksave overwrites later, I'm heading back to Crakamir via the teleporter that opened up north of Blackwater. And this time I'm ambushed, by none other than Mr. Shady! He wants the sword back and knows I took it!

Seriously, kudos! I was caught completely by surprise, and it was great to see someone actually code for the powergamer's loot-everything-not-permanently-nailed-down reflex. I think the last game I played with a remotely similar situation was Space Quest IV with its infamous "unstable munition" puzzle.
Last edited by Psilon on December 6th, 2007, 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
whadjutalkinboutwillis
Pledge

Post by whadjutalkinboutwillis »

Unfortunately he explains his reasoning by saying he asked the goblin vault manager about you after finding Lilith's vault empty.

...But we had already killed the manager and his three guards in an attempt to find a master key. on the first visit to the vault

It also seems if someone else helps you kill him (say a blackwater guard) you risk a re-visit. He and his friends showed up twice (once exiting to the east of blackwater, once exiting to the north). The second time he didn't run his full speech, just the 'lets get him' part, still got 250 exp both times for killing him.

(1.02)
Ayleim
Pledge

Post by Ayleim »

Actually, even when I didn't get help killing him off the first time, I got ambushed again (also without the preliminary heckling). It was a nice touch. :D