The updated Windows demo is available

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

The updated Windows demo is available

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

The updated Windows demo has been released (incorporating the latest 1.04 fixes, plus 2 additional maps not included in the original demo). If you are still unsure about purchasing the full version, take the new demo out for a test drive.
VPeric
Steward

Post by VPeric »

Speaking of that, maybe you should update the screenshots on that page too - some of them have a different interface (all buttons in one line).
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Good idea, VPeric.

Everyone, post a favorite screenshot of yours here in this thread and I will start updating the screenshots on the website.
kxc
Initiate

Post by kxc »

macmert
Apprentice

Post by macmert »

Whoa do we have quickslots for potions and stuff now??? or did the game always had it and I was a fool not to see that :) anyway when will the new patch be released???
Pickpocket
Initiate

Post by Pickpocket »

macmert wrote:Whoa do we have quickslots for potions and stuff now??? or did the game always had it and I was a fool not to see that :) anyway when will the new patch be released???
Do not feel bad. I finished the game and never noticed those quick slots.
Aganazer
Apprentice

Post by Aganazer »

Just out of curiosity, what maps were added in the new demo?
aunsoph
Pledge

Post by aunsoph »

Aganazer wrote:Just out of curiosity, what maps were added in the new demo?
If I'm not mistaken, Basilisk added the Salted Coast and the Family Crypt areas to the demo.
chamr
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by chamr »

Um, am I the only one that noticed the v1.04 in the new demo announcement? Is that a typo? Or is only the demo v1.04? Changelist, perhaps? :)
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

All the changes for the eventual 1.04 patch are in the new demo. It's a small change list actually, and I will probably add a few more things before I release the 1.04 patch:

[FIXED]: Bug with Haste III potions
[FIXED]: Even more map issues (most of these affect only the full version, not the demo).
[FIXED]: Enchant Weapon scroll has proper icon.
[FIXED]: ESC from Portal Spell works.
[FIXED]: The game should now work on most non-English versions of Windows, whereas the previous version would crash when not being able to see the English spelling of "My Documents".
[UPDATED]: Added an additional error message to the save-game process to notify players if there is a problem.