But, I [blanked] [blank] in Book [blank]

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

But, I [blanked] [blank] in Book [blank]

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

SPOILER alert! If you have not watched the teaser trailer, or don't want anything else spoiled for Book III, then don't highlight the text below...

----
I see a ton of messages relating to "But, I killed Lilith in Book I. Why is she in Book III?"

Here's the thing- with a game that allows you to do almost anything, we have to settle on a definitive set of circumstances to build the sequels from. In Book III, it is assumed that you weren't an evil jerk and didn't kill Lilith- simple as that.

If we are going to be hardcore about it, then anyone who themselves died at least once in Book I or Book II shouldn't play Book III because, well, you died.

For Book III, we use the assumption that you didn't kill Lilith or the Chancellor in Book I. We assume in Book II you accepted Korren's idea to destroy both Crux stones, thus putting you in Talushorn Tower and triggering the events of Book III. We have to also assume you might have been a woman in Book I.

----
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Re: But, I [blanked] [blank] in Book [blank]

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

So basically what you're saying is that core story presumes that we weren't the evil, marauding jerks we really were and we didn't actually wipe out all life in every area we visited? ;-)
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

This means we get another chance to be greedy amoral jerks and wipe them out again and destroy the world. :)
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Randomizer wrote:This means we get another chance to be greedy amoral jerks and wipe them out again and destroy the world. :)
Correct. Anything you do in Book 3 becomes official canon. Book3 will be a great time for all you evil doers to go crazy.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

It's not pathetic that I knew exactly what the blanks were when looking at the topic title, right?

Anyway, it just gives me another chance to [Blank] [Blank]!
Nah - Just kidding. I imagine [Blank] has a rather important role, and that [Blanking] [Blank] would cause an inability to complete at least 1 quest.
You're right though BW, I probably shouldn't buy Book III, because I did die in Book II at least once. :twisted:

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:We have to also assume you might have been a woman in Book I.
Wait! I was a woman in Eschalon!!?!! :shock:

How come nobody told me?!?!! :roll: :P :lol:
Necromis
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by Necromis »

IJBall wrote:
BasiliskWrangler wrote:We have to also assume you might have been a woman in Book I.
Wait! I was a woman in Eschalon!!?!! :shock:

How come nobody told me?!?!! :roll: :P :lol:
Geez you would think the skirt you were wearing would have given you the clue. LOL :mrgreen:
The Quickest way to a man's heart is thru his back.
munster
Senior Steward

Post by munster »

Geez you would think the skirt you were wearing would have given you the clue. LOL :mrgreen:
That could have been a kilt :D

Besides, given that we can't identify a potato on sight, I imagine that confusion over what clothing we're wearing or what gender we are isn't that big of a surprise.

I did play as a woman at least once in one playthrough, though generally I play as male characters. I do appreciate very much that Eschalon does let women characters wear sensible clothing, and does not put the avatars into high heels and battle lingerie like other games that shall remain nameless (I had to scrap one character because I was just too distracted by her running around a battlefield trying to wield a huge sword while wearing heels and wisps of costume).

Re: the evil jerk thing - I may or may not have done that thing to that person in the earlier book :roll: Didn't we all?
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Lord_P »

The one thing I didn't understand was why Rifters became Emayu... :? Did the character's nationality change?
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Lord_P wrote:The one thing I didn't understand was why Rifters became Emayu... :? Did the character's nationality change?
Think of it like changing from calling someone an indian to calling them an Apache. ;-)
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

munster wrote:Re: the evil jerk thing - I may or may not have done that thing to that person in the earlier book :roll: Didn't we all?
I killed that person surprisingly few times - probably only once or twice, in over a dozen playthroughs. (And one of those times was just because I wanted to try out a certain "shady" quest...)

Usually when I play Eschalon, I play it "straight", and don't go around rampaging on the non-hostile NPCs... :roll:
Ssschah
Council Member

Post by Ssschah »

Generally I didn't slay [blank] because I have a certain code of honor to follow... Heh, ring any bells?
Arkos
Council Member

Post by Arkos »

Okay, but in Book II, I kept one of the snow puppies to raise it as a pet for myself. That's totally canon, right?