GOLD: Neverwinter Nights 2

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

GOLD: Neverwinter Nights 2

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Work on Eschalon: Book I will unfortunately come to a halt for a couple days after NWN2 hits the streets. :wink: We like to justify it as "research".
D-elf
Initiate

HOPE?

Post by D-elf »

I do hope the single player campaign won't be as shallow and lineair as NWN... Fingers crossed :?
screeg
Marshall

Post by screeg »

I'm really looking forward to this one, getting a new box delivered on the same day as the game. I just wish someone would hack up a mod to make turn-based play an option. Still, I'm sure it will be great.
Cyclopean - an HP Lovecraft inspired Role-Playing Game
Gallifrey
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by Gallifrey »

I don't have a hope in hell of running NWN2. I tried to play around with the toolset and my computer threatened suicide.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning. And the sea's asleep and the rivers dream … People made of smoke and cities made of song … Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold!
screeg
Marshall

Post by screeg »

Gallifrey, can you pm me with the download code for the NWN2 Toolset?

I pre-ordered the game from Amazon before Atari decided only to release the code to "preferred" vendors. Nevertheless, many many people who ordered from said vendors still didn't get the code, and Atari is responding with their usual combination on blinding speed and efficiency.

I'm already writing a Lovecraft-themed mod for the game, set at the beginning of the 20th century.
Last edited by screeg on October 18th, 2006, 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cyclopean - an HP Lovecraft inspired Role-Playing Game
dteowner

Post by dteowner »

Gallifrey wrote:I don't have a hope in hell of running NWN2. I tried to play around with the toolset and my computer threatened suicide.
That makes 2 of us. :(

As for you Basilisk gents...to borrow a line from Grovel out of HotU, "Break time? No. Back to work." :wink:
Fleisch
Marshall

Re: GOLD: Neverwinter Nights 2

Post by Fleisch »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:Work on Eschalon: Book I will unfortunately come to a halt for a couple days after NWN2 hits the streets. :wink: We like to justify it as "research".
Let us know what you think of it. I'm putting off a purchase. :|
Gallifrey
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by Gallifrey »

dteowner wrote:That makes 2 of us. :(
It's crazy really. It seems that suddenly game system requirements took a massive leap forwards into the territory customarily inhabited by first-person shooter players. RPGs and strategy games used to be the games that you didn't need a monster system to play, and now we've got stuff like Oblivion, NWN2, Medieval Total War 2, all requiring colossal machines to run.

I fear it's going to be quite some time before I'm able to play NWN2, I just don't have the upgrade budget.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning. And the sea's asleep and the rivers dream … People made of smoke and cities made of song … Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold!
dteowner

Post by dteowner »

I noticed games finally passing me by about a year ago. I went from meeting or exceeding recommended specs to being a bit ahead of the minimums. Looks like I've finally fallen off the edge. I've upgraded my rig about as far as it will go, so my next jump is to pass it down to the kids and start over. Next up: one bank robbery. :wink:
Gallifrey
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by Gallifrey »

That sounds quite familiar. I'm going to be doing a small upgrade to my machine, putting in a new graphics card and adding some more memory, but I can't do very much as I'm limited by an "old" motherboard with AGP card slots. So my choice of graphics cards is fairly limited.

To get a whole new machine, yeah, bank robbery is pretty much my only option :P
dteowner

Post by dteowner »

One thought I've had is to get a basic Dell system and upgrade it as cash allows. What I don't know is how boxed in that puts ya. I know a few years back Gateway had all sorts of proprietary stuff in their PCs so that you couldn't really do upgrades without going thru them for ridiculous cost. Wouldn't want to get into that situation.
MarionDeputy
Apprentice

Post by MarionDeputy »

dteowner wrote:I noticed games finally passing me by about a year ago. I went from meeting or exceeding recommended specs to being a bit ahead of the minimums. Looks like I've finally fallen off the edge. I've upgraded my rig about as far as it will go, so my next jump is to pass it down to the kids and start over. Next up: one bank robbery. :wink:
Gallifrey wrote:That sounds quite familiar. I'm going to be doing a small upgrade to my machine, putting in a new graphics card and adding some more memory, but I can't do very much as I'm limited by an "old" motherboard with AGP card slots. So my choice of graphics cards is fairly limited.

To get a whole new machine, yeah, bank robbery is pretty much my only option

SUSPECT LISTS FOR FUTURE ROBBERIES:

1. dteowner
2. Gallifrey
dteowner

Post by dteowner »

I'll remember to avoid Marion. Hopefully, that's the city and not the county.
Sanctus
Marshall

Post by Sanctus »

Looking forward to see it(also I might take it as rresearch to :D)
May the sky never fall on your head
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

He's Marion County. Very cool guy. :)