lvl 21 limit exists after all

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
arcainic
Initiate

lvl 21 limit exists after all

Post by arcainic »

after reaching lvl 21 gaining title of supreme archmaster

i used easter egg candle thingy which netted me 0 lvls and turned me into a lvl 21 (yes 21 not 22) layman rank!!!

the limit is to get over 180000 exp (at lvl 21, further lvling does nothing but raise that cap, but if u use an easter egg at that point), it turns u basically into a 21 layman with 0/1000 exp.

further lvling still forces u to be lvl 21, w/ greenhorn title etc.. and no, there's no lvl up.. u just remain at 21... 21 is the limit starting from 180000/0 T.T

what happened when they said u can reach lvl 99 were LIES... i bought this game b/c i thought i could turn lvl 99... not w/ limit at 21! xD

oh god.. the chests/store items started selling/dropping crap! back to noobilis lvls.. +5 manga/hp rings?

okay AFTER hitting lvl 21, if u lvl past 210k exp i think (w/o using easter egg), or was it 22k? after that ur rank becomes () but the drops become crappy
JOG
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Re: lvl 21 limit exists after all

Post by JOG »

arcainic wrote:what happened when they said u can reach lvl 99 were LIES... i bought this game b/c i thought i could turn lvl 99... not w/ limit at 21! xD
:shock:

The complaints in this forum get more and more outlandish each day, and yours isn't even based on facts:

From Sticky: FAQ here at the top of this forum:
  • Q: Is there a level cap?
    A: The cap for the rule system is level 21, but if you were to peak at the design documents, you'd see some notes for taking characters above this cap for some epic role-playing. Whether or not this makes it in to Book II or even Book III is yet to be seen.
So yes, you've discovered a bug: the easter-egg-"cheat" (an easter egg is by definition a non-canon element of the game) tries to raise your level past the cap inherited by the rules system which has unforseen consequences. The fix will be to stop the easter-eggs from working at level 21, not extending the rules system to level 99.
macdude22
Council Member

Post by macdude22 »

I shut down after you forgot how to capitalize sentences and replaced you with u, levels with lvls, etc.... There isn't a text limit here, lets use some post 1st grade grammar please, this isn't your cell phone.

I also don't recall EVER hearing the level cap would be 99. It was always tossed around as 20, a D&D type level cap.
realmzmaster
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by realmzmaster »

Arcainic,

I would be very careful with throwing around that word LIES. No where in any of the documentation, advertising or forum replies did Basilisk games or BW state that you can advance to level 99.
History is written by the winners!
MrPhoenix
Initiate

Re: lvl 21 limit exists after all

Post by MrPhoenix »

arcainic wrote:what happened when they said u can reach lvl 99 were LIES... i bought this game b/c i thought i could turn lvl 99... not w/ limit at 21! xD
dudes, chill out. he just made a joke, for christ's sake.