Gramuk cannot be asked or talked

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
hepidragon
Pledge

Gramuk cannot be asked or talked

Post by hepidragon »

Dear All,

Is it just me or any of you ever experience this ?

When i finally met Gramuk and i point my mouse pointer over him, there is no conversation icon/sign above him. there is only just attack sign. however i tried, i cannot talk to him. he just keep chasing me and attack me.

I thought i could talk to him after kill him the 1st time, but it is not. He just transform to a giant spider but still no conversation possible. i attack again and kill him, that's it.

Please enlighten me. I need to try other ending by talking to him. I already tried to open my saved games, still no conversation icon above him. Any solution for this condition ?

Thank you all.
NinjaGremlin
Initiate

Re: Gramuk cannot be asked or talked

Post by NinjaGremlin »

Hi there,

just can guess:
may be you missed an important quest
did you visit shadowmirk and its mage?
did you get a quest there?

best rgds
NinjaGremlin
hepidragon
Pledge

Post by hepidragon »

Yes, i did. i already visit a mage and get the quest there. Still gramuk didn't have conversation / talk icon.

After sometime, i manage to suspect the cause of this 'bug'. I think, it is because before i reach his room, i am using my magic spell like Mass Boil or SuperNova to attack surrounding enemies, which unintended/unintentionally also attack Gramuk.

This will explain why i cannot talk to him and he just attack me when i enter his room. Because of i 'attack' him unknowingly from far position.

is it possible Basilisk ?
NinjaGremlin wrote:Hi there,

just can guess:
may be you missed an important quest
did you visit shadowmirk and its mage?
did you get a quest there?

best rgds
NinjaGremlin
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Yes, that would be my guess. Reload and do not use a "mass" spell after you enter his chamber. The range of those spells are limited to just the edge of your view window.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.