Inventory Management

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
durzagott
Initiate

Inventory Management

Post by durzagott »

Will Book II have a better Inventory Management system? For example, being able to auto-stack identical items would really help to reduce the clutter...
Yeliu
Apprentice

Re: Inventory Management

Post by Yeliu »

Dude, you already can. Just not everything.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Book II does autostack better and pretty much any object other than weapons and armor can stack. Weapons and armor don't stack because the fact that they wear out makes each one unique, and only identical items can stack.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Getharn
Marshall

Post by Getharn »

On this subject, actually, I noticed in Book I that if you use a Lore spell to identify an item, and then stack it with an unidentified version of this item (which the engine allows), all items in the stack revert to unidentified. I'm not sure if this is expected behaviour or a bug, but I can imagine it being slightly irritating to some people. Perhaps it would be better to not allow a mixture of identified and unidentified items in a stack? Or perhaps automatically identify an identical item that you stack with an already-identified one, though that feasibly allows the player to lug around a load of already-identified stackable items to be used in lieu of Lore spells - it's debatable whether that's perfectly reasonable, or a minor exploit, I suppose.

In addition, a single casting of a Lore spell is seemingly enough to identify all items in a stack. Again, I'm not sure if that's intended behaviour or not.

All quite minor stuff, perhaps, but I thought I'd let you know in case it was a corner that had been missed.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

That's not really a bug, but it's also not what we intended; the system just works that way. Book II works just the opposite: you can have 10 unidentified Wizard Widgets in a stack and dropping an ID'd Wizard Widget on the unknown widgets will ID the whole stack, as long as they truly are identical. If they look like the same object but refuse to stack, then there has to be a difference.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Gesion
Initiate

Post by Gesion »

Getharn wrote:On this subject, actually, I noticed in Book I that if you use a Lore spell to identify an item, and then stack it with an unidentified version of this item (which the engine allows), all items in the stack revert to unidentified. I'm not sure if this is expected behaviour or a bug, but I can imagine it being slightly irritating to some people. Perhaps it would be better to not allow a mixture of identified and unidentified items in a stack? Or perhaps automatically identify an identical item that you stack with an already-identified one, though that feasibly allows the player to lug around a load of already-identified stackable items to be used in lieu of Lore spells - it's debatable whether that's perfectly reasonable, or a minor exploit, I suppose.

In addition, a single casting of a Lore spell is seemingly enough to identify all items in a stack. Again, I'm not sure if that's intended behaviour or not.

All quite minor stuff, perhaps, but I thought I'd let you know in case it was a corner that had been missed.
That is odd. Every time I stack an itdetified Item with an unidentified item, the whole stack becomes identified.
Unclever title
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by Unclever title »

Gesion wrote:That is odd. Every time I stack an itdetified Item with an unidentified item, the whole stack becomes identified.
I think the situation is that if you place an identified stack/item on an unidentified stack/item it all becomes unidentified, but if you place an unidentified stack/item on an identified stack/item t all becomes identified.

Though I could have that backwards. :mrgreen: