Betrayal at Krondor and Darklands

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
Fleisch
Marshall

Betrayal at Krondor and Darklands

Post by Fleisch »

Just wanted to mention two classic games. Betrayal at Krondor is still probably my all-time favorite, with its Moredhel puzzle chests, and its tactical battlefield.

And then there's Darklands, almost totally devoid of magic, although there was alchemy, and you could pray to saints!

I have other favorites but they've been mentioned: Realms of Arkania series and Wizardry. I spent many happy hours just trying to roll up the perfect character in Wizardry VII (don't ask me why this is any less cheating than using an editor':roll:'), and to this day I can still recall the background music.

More obscure but still fun: Faery Tale Adventure II.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Since you mentioned Wizardry 7 music, I have to admit I have an MP3 recording of the AdLib synth theme music to Wizardry 7 in my music list. :roll: Yeah, I'm that lame.

Thanks for the post, Fleisch!
Fleisch
Marshall

Post by Fleisch »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:Since you mentioned Wizardry 7 music, I have to admit I have an MP3 recording of the AdLib synth theme music to Wizardry 7 in my music list. :roll: Yeah, I'm that lame.
Wow, any way you could send me a copy? I want to be that lame too! :D I've been wanting that theme forever! (Well, since Wizardry VII). I didn't like to play Wizardry Gold because despite the better graphics, they ruined it with better music too. Of course, I always did poorly in the game because I spent all my time pickpocketing instead of following the main storyline, but it was all fun anyway!
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Sorry...been out of town for a couple days.

Sure, can I send it to your email address listed in your profile?
Fleisch
Marshall

Post by Fleisch »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:Sorry...been out of town for a couple days.

Sure, can I send it to your email address listed in your profile?
Please do, that would be great!
Fleisch
Marshall

Oops

Post by Fleisch »

This is very lame, but could you send me another copy? I lost the first in a hard drive crash (didn't back up music folder). :oops:
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

No problem!