Ubuntu 10.04 32 bit seg fault

Linux support forums for Eschalon: Book II
jeffran
Pledge

Ubuntu 10.04 32 bit seg fault

Post by jeffran »

All - I can't run Book II under Ubuntu 10.04, 32 bit. When I run from the command line, all I get is "Segmentation Fault". Any ideas how to troubleshoot and fix this?

Oh, I should add that the seg fault occurs after I enter my registration code, and click to begin the game on the main menu. Thanks!

Update: When I choose windowed mode, it works. I'm only a dual monitor system, so it's apparently something to related to that. I actually prefer windowed mode, so it works well for me. Something to keep in mind for others nonetheless.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Re: Ubuntu 10.04 32 bit seg fault

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

jeffran wrote:Update: When I choose windowed mode, it works. I'm only a dual monitor system, so it's apparently something to related to that. I actually prefer windowed mode, so it works well for me. Something to keep in mind for others nonetheless.
Ah yes! I haven't run dual monitors on my Ubuntu workstation for a while, but when I did, the game would crash. This has been reported to the BliztMax people.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Wolverine
Initiate

Post by Wolverine »

fyi
I'm running the game fullscreen in a dual monitor setup - but with seperate X-servers for every monitor. The game runs smoothly (but only on the first monitor).
CycyX
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by CycyX »

This happens to me with every game in fullscreen mode with fixed resolution with Nvidia drivers and twinview setup. This must be something odd with the Nvidia implementation of libGL...