Come and get it!

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
dagorkan
Initiate

Post by dagorkan »

Only able to play half an hour or so but looking pretty good so far.
Stingray
Pledge

Post by Stingray »

Played a bit of the demo, was higher production quality than I was expecting from a project like this. Once I'm done with The Witcher, definitely going to have to finish this demo and consider a purchase...

BTW, the ability to move around with the numeric keypad and/or arrow keys would be nice. Kinda used to it working that way in many of the "old school" games that this one feels like.
Rollor
Marshall

Post by Rollor »

WOHUUU :D:D:D
demo at 70 % going down with a nice 280 kb/s :D
dagorkan
Initiate

Post by dagorkan »

I did a direct download from Basilisk Games and got 480 kb/s (just over two minutes) - normally I'm lucky to get 150 at the best times.
skavenhorde
Initiate

Post by skavenhorde »

Just bought it now waiting for either them to call or get the second email :) This doesn't happen too often where I find out about a really great game right before its released. Now I just have to wait a few minutes......
gragnak
Senior Steward

Post by gragnak »

Bought it.
Link received.
Donwloaded at work.
I've to wait till tonight when Ill be back home to play the game.....

Some advice with PayPal:

Plimus sends a confirmation mail. They say they'll check your order and mail address for quality control.
If you havent' inserted your primary PayPal mail address (my case) they contact you asking for the right address.
The service is fat and works good.
I waited 20 minutes to get my link and download the game.
furor vincit omnia
skavenhorde
Initiate

Post by skavenhorde »

Ok all done...didn't even have to get a phone call :) Wasn't too bad only had to wait about half an hour. Downloading now....
Gothmog
Marshall

Post by Gothmog »

Yesssssss!!!! Got It!!!!
"FUL IR"
mytgroo
Steward

Post by mytgroo »

Am downloading the demo now. Should take about half an hour with a cable modem. You might want to consider another download site with more bandwidth than filefront. I usually get about 4x speed at a place like gamershell, or downloads.com
I am Myt where's the cheese dip.
dagorkan
Initiate

Post by dagorkan »

Finished the demo.

I was a bit disappointed by the NPCs in that first village (only 7 of them?). I hope other towns are more interesting.

Combat seems to have a few problems.
-Salamanders and Jelly creatures walk as fast as my Speed 15 character
-Just wearing some leather sandals if you don't have the armor 'skill' reduces both TH and armor rating... quite significantly when you're low level (I did the dungeon before going to Aridell).

Keyboard controls would be nice. I like the control system over all, but it would be even better.

Also, things NPCs say could be stored in the Journal. Eg, I went through Martin or whatever's (the first quest) dialog too fast, then forgot where he said he stored my stuff, and I can't ask him to repeat - I had saved over it and the save before that was back in Elderhollow. My fault and should have paid more attention but it would be a plus.

Anyway I bought the download version.
Grue
Steward

Post by Grue »

EDIT: Nevermind, I got the d/l link without any phone calls from Plimus (even if I was one of the "lucky" ones).
Last edited by Grue on November 19th, 2007, 10:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Siemova
Apprentice

Post by Siemova »

Leej wrote:Skip the PPC version, even.
Ha! Don't put such an evil thought into their heads. Some of us haven't made that particular transition yet. ;)

I'm guessing this will be released as a Universal Binary?
"What you embrace is what you become."
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Yes, Universal Binary. PPC version is up and running fine already. I will be posting Mac beta testing link tomorrow.
macdude22
Council Member

Post by macdude22 »

So tempted to download it but alas I'll hold out for the Mac version and use the in between time to finish Eternal Sonata.
JOG
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by JOG »

Grue wrote:EDIT: Nevermind, I got the d/l link without any phone calls from Plimus (even if I was one of the "lucky" ones).
Yes, they're kinda funny, first they send me a second mail, insisting that I give them a valid phone number and then maybe a minute after I gave them my number I get no call but the mail with the link :) Well, seems like we have a curiosity here and the orders are actually processed by humans, robot usually don't complain about 01234567 as phone number :wink:

Anyway, a great game, highly addictive too, just like in the good old days. :D