Fixes and Requests for 1.05

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book II
Farwalker
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Re: Fixes and Requests for 1.05

Post by Farwalker »

Ok, I've been running around with my sneak fighting druid for quite a while now, and have come to this stunning realization...

Losing hide status when you hit the space bar to wait is even more annoying than I thought!

Adding my request to have this fixed to the 1.05 list.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Two issues back when I was playing in Westwillow, one minor and one potentially major:
  1. There may be a sound 'glitch' in either the soundtrack, or in the backrground sounds, in Westwillow. It's just that it seemed that upon entering Westwillow, after about 5 seconds there seemed to be a sound that was either a drum or a sound-glitch 'crackle', and I could never tell which it was.
  2. The bigger issue was my 'Feat': I was Level 32 in Swords by then, so I can 'Riposte' which should have "reactivated" about every 5 turns after use. However, 'Riposte' was definitely not reactivating after 5 turns when fighting zombies and such, in Westwillow - I was running around way more than 5 turns and 'Riposte' still wasn't coming back on. Eventually, it would reactivate if I went back to actual striking combat; but running around wasn't getting me my Feat reactivated.

The weird this is, I've only seen this issue in Westwillow (maybe because I was doing more running around?...). But I haven't seen it in Hammerlorne, for example.
Of the two, the lack of 'Riposte' properly reactivating in Westwillow is the much bigger concern...
Last edited by IJBall on July 21st, 2010, 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Farwalker wrote:Ok, I've been running around with my sneak fighting druid for quite a while now, and have come to this stunning realization...

Losing hide status when you hit the space bar to wait is even more annoying than I thought!

I have a separate post on this issue coming up. But I want to finish off Hammerlorne before I report it.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

I have a request about Parry mode: Why can't a person who's skilled in Unarmed Combat get benefit from Parry mode? It should be a simple skill check like with any other type of melee weapon. Unarmed fighters learn to block just as much as they learn to hit and kick.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

IJBall wrote:All three gates don't open up because it's a reminder that, as you failed the puzzle and activated the dragonnel trap, you're stuck playing in "schmuck" mode! :wink:
If killing things and taking their XP is wrong, I don't want to be right!
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

SpottedShroom wrote:
IJBall wrote:All three gates don't open up because it's a reminder that, as you failed the puzzle and activated the dragonnel trap, you're stuck playing in "schmuck" mode! :wink:
If killing things and taking their XP is wrong, I don't want to be right!
But you can kill almost all of them and get their XP without having to let them loose. If you're a mage, they're all yours.
---

Farwalker
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by Farwalker »

IJBall wrote:Two issues back when I was playing in Westwillow, one minor and one potentially major:
  1. There may be a sound 'glitch' in either the soundtrack, or in the backrground sounds, in Westwillow. It's just that it seemed that upon entering Westwillow, after about 5 seconds there seemed to be a sound that was either a drum or a sound-glitch 'crackle', and I could never tell which it was.
  2. The bigger issue was my 'Feat': I was Level 32 in Swords by then, so I can 'Riposte' which should have "reactivated" about every 5 turns after use. However, 'Riposte' was definitely not reactivating after 5 turns when fighting zombies and such, in Westwillow - I was running around way more than 5 turns and 'Riposte' still wasn't coming back on. Eventually, it would reactivate if I went back to actual striking combat; but running around wasn't getting me my Feat reactivated.

The weird this is, I've only seen this issue in Westwillow (maybe because I was doing more running around?...). But I haven't seen it in Hammerlorne, for example.
Of the two, the lack of 'Riposte' properly reactivating in Westwillow is the much bigger concern...
Hmm... sounds a bit similar to the Volley refresh issue I reported a while back - you needed to hit or be hit to start the feat clock.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Farwalker wrote:
IJBall wrote:
  • The bigger issue was my 'Feat': I was Level 32 in Swords by then, so I can 'Riposte' which should have "reactivated" about every 5 turns after use. However, 'Riposte' was definitely not reactivating after 5 turns when fighting zombies and such, in Westwillow - I was running around way more than 5 turns and 'Riposte' still wasn't coming back on. Eventually, it would reactivate if I went back to actual striking combat; but running around wasn't getting me my Feat reactivated.

Hmm... sounds a bit similar to the Volley refresh issue I reported a while back - you needed to hit or be hit to start the feat clock.
Interesting... I remember your post (see item #5) on that.

If correct, it sounds like the actual act of striking (or, at least, attempting to hit) is sometimes the thing that "resets" the Feat, when it should simply be the # of turns passed...

(Though, I should note: I remember no such issue with my ranged Bow-wielding character, where I think I often ran around to "reactivate" my Bow 'Focus' Feat. So it may be a little more complicated than just that...)
Farwalker
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by Farwalker »

Here's a map layout oversight, not sure if you want to go to the trouble of fixing it or not.
Between the Eastern Fellpine Forest and the Northwest Kessian Basin, south edge of screens and extending onto both maps, is a bit of forest. It abruptly changes from all one style of trees on one map to all another style of trees on the next...
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by xolotl »

Farwalker wrote:It abruptly changes from all one style of trees on one map to all another style of trees on the next...
FWIW, I doubt this can be "fixed" in the current Eschalon engine. There are three sets of tree graphics, and each map has defined which set of tree graphics will be used for that area. It's not possible to mix-and-match the tree graphics sets currently. I'm guessing that BW felt that the other kind of tree looked better in the rest of the map.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Some "odds 'n' ends" bugs/issues. First set.

OK, remember when Jedi_Learner reported some bugs with the gates on Hammerlorne Level 3 (specifically the "Devilmander chamber")?

Well, I think they've all been fixed, with one exception! - You can still walk through the circled gate shown on the right, below: it's the right gate, north-side lever of "Devilmander chamber" (Grid: X=41(?), Y=130(?) - I'm guessing on the grid location...).
Hammerlorne-L3.jpg
Hammerlorne-L3.jpg (38.11 KiB) Viewed 10946 times
--

Like someone else (and I can't remember who it was), I was able to get it to "snow" in Raven's Gate (East) by quick-traveling from Durnore:
RavensGate-snow.jpg
RavensGate-snow.jpg (195.43 KiB) Viewed 10946 times
Now, I don't know if it's supposed to snow in Raven's Gate (East) or not (I don't think it is).

The weird thing is, it wasn't snowing in Durnore when I left, so the order must have been:

1. Quick-travel from Durnore.
2. Storm hits while quick-traveling.
3. Snow brought with me to Raven's Gate (East)!
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

"Odds 'n' ends", second set.

I think I've mentioned this before, but the Chronometer is missing the "Right-Click to USE" tag in its little pop-up descriptor box:
Chronometer.jpg
Chronometer.jpg (29.06 KiB) Viewed 10946 times
The Chronometer should have exactly the same tag as The Viewing Glass shown above.
--

I think there may be an issue with Repair "repairing" items to the point where the items' "price" ends up being 1 GP over what it should be - e.g.:
Repaired-price.jpg
Repaired-price.jpg (37.12 KiB) Viewed 10946 times
Now I may be wrong about this, and the "natural" price of the armor and boots shown above may really be 441 GP and 501 GP, instead of 440 GP and 500 GP, but I doubt it! ;)
--

And, finally, did you know that the grid you're standing on "lights up"?! You won't see it unless you're in very dark conditions (and it may be hard to see in the image below...), but the grid my character is standing on here is lit up a little:
Light-step.jpg
Light-step.jpg (1.91 KiB) Viewed 10946 times
I'm guessing nothing can be done about this issue, but I just thought I'd mention it... :mrgreen:
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

IJBall wrote:Like someone else (and I can't remember who it was), I was able to get it to "snow" in Raven's Gate (East) by quick-traveling from Durnore:
RavensGate-snow.jpg
Now, I don't know if it's supposed to snow in Raven's Gate (East) or not (I don't think it is).

The weird thing is, it wasn't snowing in Durnore when I left, so the order must have been:

1. Quick-travel from Durnore.
2. Storm hits while quick-traveling.
3. Snow brought with me to Raven's Gate (East)!
I believe it does snow in Raven's Gate. If you look along the rocks there, you'll see snow in some spots, and I've had it snow on me at Raven's Gate even before I went through to Durnore. However, the snow in Raven's Gate is not severe enough to cause you damage like the snow north of it (at least not in my experience).
---

IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

While v1.04 has now been "fixed" to allow screenshots to be taken of dialogues and dialogue-boxes by pressing "P" (thanks, BW! :) )...

...Pressing "P" does not work to take a screenshot when the Buying/Selling Inventory pop-up screen (with any vendor) is onscreen.

Now, this may be a particular game mechanic thing that can't be fixed. But, if it's not, it would definitely be cool to be able to press "P" and take screenshots when the Buying/Selling Inventory pop-up screen is up.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

IJBall wrote:
Farwalker wrote:Ok, I've been running around with my sneak fighting druid for quite a while now, and have come to this stunning realization...

I have a separate post on this issue coming up. But I want to finish off Hammerlorne before I report it.
OK, back to this issue...

I suspect that this may be a result of the changes Farwalker requested in Hide in Shadows (I blame Farwalker! I blame Farwalker!... just kidding! :P ).

Anyway, now, when Hide in Shadow status is "lost" after being seen, it does not come back!

I've tested this several times, esp. on the Grand Hall level of Hammerlorne. But, basically, this is what happens:
  1. With Hidden in Shadow and Silent status, sneak up on a Dwarf.
  2. Get close enough that the Dwarf sees me.
  3. Lose Hidden in Shadow status.
  4. Run away from Dwarf, and get away from him.
  5. Even after passing many turns, even after rounding a corner! Hidden in Shadow status will not come back! (So it can't be used on another, different Dwarf in a totally different part of the map even!)
So, yeah, there's an issue now that, once you lose Hidden status, it doesn't seem to come back. (It will if you go to a different "map", but it shouldn't take that much to get it back!!)

So something about the Hidden in Shadow status "reset" still needs to be reworked.