Diablo 3 review

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
blatherbeard
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Diablo 3 review

Post by blatherbeard »

Here is my review of Diablo 3 on my friends gaming website.

ENJOY!

http://diehardgamefan.com/2011/11/03/di ... n-preview/
The armies joined in a bloody battle on this fine day, then storm clouds broke, and it rained.

So they all went home.---Story knots within blatherbeards Beard.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Re: Diablo 3 review

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Nice read! I'm looking forward to it, despite the fact that it's not really my most favorite type of RPG (action dungeon crawl, aka Gauntlet 2012). But pretty much anything Blizzard does is worth a look! :D
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Enterian
Apprentice

Post by Enterian »

Thanks for the review!

I'm going to love this game :D Though, I do hope the level-up thing will be a little different in the full game.
blatherbeard
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by blatherbeard »

I was hoping so too enterian, but i believe the stat gain is permanent but the rune thing is supposed to kick pretty major ass as far as changing your abilities.

Its pretty damn addictive though, definitely getting it myself as well.
The armies joined in a bloody battle on this fine day, then storm clouds broke, and it rained.

Arkos
Council Member

Post by Arkos »

The fact that this game is online-only, even in single player mode, cannot be paused, and logs you out automatically if you are idle, is pushing me away from it. I think I'll just wait for Torchlight II instead.
llew silverhand
Senior Council Member

Post by llew silverhand »

Arkos wrote:The fact that this game is online-only, even in single player mode, cannot be paused, and logs you out automatically if you are idle, is pushing me away from it. I think I'll just wait for Torchlight II instead.
Sadly, I am in this same boat myself. I love Diablo, Hellfire, Diablo II and D2 LoD. I just can't bring myself to even gaze upon D3.
Llew Silverhand - Once and Future Gnome King
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Arkos wrote:The fact that this game is online-only, even in single player mode, cannot be paused, and logs you out automatically if you are idle, is pushing me away from it. I think I'll just wait for Torchlight II instead.
Er, yeah...I kind of forgot some of this. If this is true- if this does not change before it is released, then I will not bother.
quasimodo
Marshall

Post by quasimodo »

Same here. I played and enjoyed Diablo 1 & 2, but I won't be getting 3.
Salid
Initiate

Post by Salid »

Ditto. I hope, though, that some time in the future this restriction might be removed, as they removed the CD check from Diablo II. Yes, this was 10 years afterward, but I can wait. It's not like there won't be anything else to play in the meantime (all hail to the indie market)!
blatherbeard
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by blatherbeard »

Just letting you know that i wouldn't count on it changing unfortunately. Like all of you guys, i wish it wasn't the way it was, but alas it is.

I have to say also that i almost wish i hadn't gotten into the beta as i would not have bought it either, most likely.

Then again, alot of the fps games my guild plays are online only, pvp types. So im used to having to be connected to play a game. Just like having to be connected to access DLC that you have downloaded for Dragon Age and Mass effect games.

BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Looks like D3 launches May 15.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4612389/Test-3_16_2012

I'll still wait on other people's reviews before buying. It just sounds like they've strayed too far from the formula that made the first 2 games enjoyable for me. Besides, I still haven't played Skyrim yet. :?
The Harpo Marxist
Apprentice

Post by The Harpo Marxist »

Yeah, I'd say if you had to play one of Skyrim or Diablo 3, you should go with Skyrim. For all of it's faults and quirks (I play it on a PS3) I think it is quite a good game and anything that logs you out for being idle and is only playable online, even in single player mode is... Questionable.

There is part of me the enjoyed Diablo I and II a lot, and another part which feels that Diablo, as a series, is somehow responsible (or at least culpable) in the decline of turn based RPGs.
sirdilznik
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by sirdilznik »

I won't be getting this game. I will NEVER buy a game with always online DRM. I'll be playing Torchlight 2 and Grim Dawn for my PC hack n slash, dungeon crawling needs.
Will Pay For Cloth Map
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

I'm sure I'll end up purchasing the game, but I find it awfully shady that they won't even show you the price of the game for pre-order until you log into your battle.net account... 0_o
blatherbeard
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by blatherbeard »

CrazyBernie wrote:I'm sure I'll end up purchasing the game, but I find it awfully shady that they won't even show you the price of the game for pre-order until you log into your battle.net account... 0_o
Actually you can, but you need to search amazon ;)

Im with you guys really, but damn its DIABLO! lol

Im not so hyped up on the drm as you really cant get away from drm unless you stay away from pretty much every big game co out there, and there are too many companies i want to support (bioware for one) because their games are consistently great.

But the online thing still super bugs the hell out of me.