Eschalon as a gift

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
Grayth
Initiate

Eschalon as a gift

Post by Grayth »

If I want to give a "download" of Eschalon as a gift to someone for Christmas, how would I do that?

Grayth
"Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it."
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

I would guess that you could buy it and then forward them the download link you get. That should work.

Thank you Grayth for giving such a cool gift and helping us get one step closer to reaching our needed sales goal!! :D
dak
Marshall

Post by dak »

needed sales goal... gawd just how many copies do you guys need to sell if we want to see Eschalon book 2? I've promoted it in all forums and websites I know!
Aganazer
Apprentice

Post by Aganazer »

Speaking of promoting it.... Has James Allen from Out of Eight gotten a copy yet? He reviews indie titles and his reviews are always linked on Blues News.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

James Allen declined to review it because "It's not my type of game".
Aganazer
Apprentice

Post by Aganazer »

His loss. :?
moldar
Apprentice

Post by moldar »

Speaking of sales goals, I'd be curious in some numbers. However, I also understand that details like that are often kept under lock-and-key.

If there are any more details you can share with us, we'd appreciate it, if only to know how much we need to temper our Book II desires!

I'd also love to know approximately how much time was spent on the engine, and how much was spent on content (maybe broken up by graphics, sound, and maps/quests/etc)

Regardless, you have done an outstanding job!
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Thanks moldar!

Of course we can't reveal any numbers such as development costs and sales, but I will say that making this game was not cheap! Our first week of sales were okay, but we have to keep those sales up for a several weeks before the game will recoup what was put into it. If anyone thinks that making an indie RPG is about getting rich, you are way wrong!

We spent 2.5 years on this project and it was probably split between 1/3 for the engine and 2/3 to content (graphics, quests, maps, etc).

Hey, GameBanshee just posted an interview with me. There's a bit more background information on the game there as well.