[spoilers] Remaining questions

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
Effidian
Steward

[spoilers] Remaining questions

Post by Effidian »

Finished the game and had some spoilerish type questions.

1. Does the switch in the Blacksmith shop in Aridell do anything?

2. Is there a use for the Widget?

3. Is there some use for the Incinerator Fuel other than using it as a thrown weapon?

4. Where is the "Loneloft" quick travel spot?

5. Is there any use for the incinerator in the North Parish Family Crypt? The one that says it is empty when you click on it.

6. Where are all the hidden spots? These are the spots that the Spot Hidden skill lights up and are unselectable prior to them being found. I've found 3 in Tangletree Ossuary, 8 in Whistling Cave and 1 in South Parish (after someone pointed it out).

Edit: One more:

7. Other than 15 and 26, is there a way to get into any of the other lockers in the Repository?
Amasius
Apprentice

Re: [spoilers] Remaining questions

Post by Amasius »

Effidian wrote:4. Where is the "Loneloft" quick travel spot?
At least this question I can answer:
Exactly here in the northeastern corner of Northeastern Crakamir.
Effidian
Steward

Post by Effidian »

Thanks! That would have been useful, had I found it. :)
Ebi
Initiate

Post by Ebi »

Hmmm.... no more answers?
Tinan
Initiate

Post by Tinan »

1. Short answer, "no". Long answer here.

2. To stop the game from crashing. The game puts in a widget when something went wrong generating an item, apparently. See here.

3. It's not vital for any of the quests, I don't think. Use at your discretion. The game dialogue hints at this ("I'm sure you'll find an innovative use for it" or whatever the guy says).

5. Not that I know of. The fact that it's empty might just be flavour: it coincides with the reason for the incinerator oil quest.

6. Not telling. Mostly because I don't know.

7. Seems doubtful: logically this would only be possible if you could get your hands on the other amulets. Cheating around via hacks or whatnot might not turn up any treasure anyway - why would the devs put treasure in chests never meant to be accessed? Short answer, "I don't think so".[/url]
Ebi
Initiate

Post by Ebi »

Thanks for the fast answers, specially for teh ones with the links.
I'm always a little wary with the results of the search. ;)
Nakayar
Initiate

Post by Nakayar »

Woa I just finished the game (loved it of course, finished at level 17 and 1/2... I want to keep going!) and totally missed how to get into any vault but 26. I really want to know what is in the big vaults, but how did you get into 15?

I read elsewhere on the forums that people looked 'inside' the game and the switch in the blacksmith shop is not tied to anything.

edit: I answered my own question while reading through another thread. I turned down the shady guy in the bar, so that closed off that route. Well, I'm not going to go kill the keyholder just because :lol:
agnari
Senior Steward

Post by agnari »

you could get into 16 or 17, the lady's amulet by the lake that wanted the queen's stinger to explain how your amulet worked.

the shady fellow in the tavern wants her amulet as proof you killed her. well if you use the amulet before giving it to him you can loot her chest for if i recall right the best sword in game.
Adventuring my way thru RPGs one pixel at a time.