Grimoire

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
Rune_74
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by Rune_74 »

You know I culd see him hiding out and just finishing it snce noone has heard from him in forever...it did not need muh to be completed I don't think.
Neilsouth
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Neilsouth »

5days till its supposed to be out hmmm :lol:
Neilsouth
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Neilsouth »

Still not out , probably full of crap as usual :roll:
Iane
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by Iane »

Neilsouth wrote:Still not out , probably full of crap as usual :roll:
:lol:
stryker
Initiate

Forget about it

Post by stryker »

Listen to me, everyone.

It's not happening. Not Christmas. Not Easter. Not ever.

Everyone here is WASTING THEIR TIME hoping for this release. If you're like me, checking the posts on the boards every day 10 years ago waiting for this release, it's like a slow death. It hurts, and I'm not going through it again.

So give it up, and have peace in your hearts.

It ain't happening. Just check out Cleve's promo website . A stinking lousy song and nothing else. No screens, no trailers -- nothing.

Give it up.
Neilsouth
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Re: Forget about it

Post by Neilsouth »

stryker wrote: If you're like me, checking the posts on the boards every day 10 years ago waiting for this release, it's like a slow death. It hurts, and I'm not going through it again.
Does it have its own board? , last time i checked that was gone too :(
Rune_74
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by Rune_74 »

Well...what if you h ave played the beta?
Neilsouth
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Neilsouth »

Rune_74 wrote:Well...what if you h ave played the beta?
I've got version 2.06 , runs in dosbox... Its worth keeping but it will never touch the likes of EOB :twisted:
Rune_74
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by Rune_74 »

hmmm mne does not run in dos box....it says 2005 copyright now version number so I'm not sure which vesion.
Neilsouth
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Neilsouth »

Would be able to let me have a play? , christmas n all that 8)
stryker
Initiate

No game

Post by stryker »

Deadline of Christmas came and went.
I would love to play this game, but I just don't understand all of the time (thousands of hours) and effort Cleve put into this thing, and not let the world enjoy it.
I played the beta, quite good, even with older graphics. But the play's the big thing with me, not the fancy 3D stuff (like 99 percent of people who visit this board).

Why doesn't he seek beta testers, why doesn't he at least release the code to the community - why, why why?

This game reminds me a lot of Wizardry series and Might and Magic, earlier versions.

I don't understand Cleve's thinking, and I truly believe we will NEVER see a working version. Release the code, let us finish it!!!
Neilsouth
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Neilsouth »

I don't believe we will see it either , i even tried to get hold of the even latest release via Rune_74 but for some reason either he doesn't have it or just will not share it... Why i don't know , so many people have been waiting to atleast try the latest version :cry:
Bandana
Pledge

update

Post by Bandana »

Cleve posted over at rpgwatch today:

http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthre ... 413&page=2

"
No, it's not done yet. Coming along nicely, though. I think Corwin's suggestion it be released on April 1st is still a good idea.

I've been working on it every single day for five months. It's come a long ways since I put the new scripting engine in for the NPCs and had the formidable task of redoing all NPC logic in the new script language.

Doing all the game logic for NPCs as scripts according to the original scenario has been a lot of work for one person. About 32 out of the 64 NPCs in the game have more than a thousand lines of scripting now. From complex quests to training they can give us, wishes they grant, context dependent behaviours, etc.

The scripting language has been working great with few qualifiers. It's better than my original byte-code engine, better than Simkin, best thing I have used to do the NPCs.

All the critical logic involved with NPCs is done and the critical bugs involving lost inventory have been fixed. I broke critical and non-critical items into two separate inventories to make sure there is a good separation between the two at all times. The only way a critical item can come out of NPC inventory is if script logic takes it out or it is stolen by one of the thieves in the party.

I have a lot of talk controlled by Charm or Beholden factors, conduct that relies on our amity shared with NPC, Mindread keywords that reveal other branches of discussion, things like that.

So completing it soon is not a hoax.

The original DOS beta has been widely distributed on the internet in the past few months and people seem to enjoy playing that, so I think they'll have a pleasant surprise when they see this current version. Much that was a problem in 1998 is fixed now. Obviously. Including huge things like ... all the artwork, for example. A pretty big "bug" to fix.

I've been rendering a few monsters myself with a cartoonish look to them to fill out a couple of creatures still lacking. They look okay despite being renders.
--
12 years and still on track to be the greatest computer roleplaying game ever made.
"
Rune_74
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by Rune_74 »

heh, I have not given you the beta beause I promised the person I got it off not to give out to everyone....I keep my promises.
Neilsouth
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Neilsouth »

Rune_74 , whatever :roll:

Bandana Lol , 1st april :lol: