December Update

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
AK_Marty
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

December Update

Post by AK_Marty »

Hey BW, here's your chance to give us another progress report, or maybe a little teaser like a new screen shot. Please? For the sake of the holiday season?? :P :P
Alaska Marty
"It looks a lot more like it does now than it used to!"
Elveronion
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Re: December Update

Post by Elveronion »

well he did say that he turned an icon upside-down (there's your update) and there was a mention of a bronze poem (there's your teaser). lol :mrgreen:
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Well, we don't have much to report on at this time. We have been playing "catch up" with the game's content since last June (that was our original estimated release date when we determined we were at least 6 months behind schedule).

So, November was nothing but content creation. December will be all content creation. Our last internal test is set for early January, with information about the "semi public" beta test after that.

I know these delays suck. I refuse to promise any time-line I can't stick to, so I will just be vague and say I am happy with where we are at and the game is becoming closer to 'finished' every day. I'm having a lot of fun tweaking the storyline now- turning the screws on the player! :twisted: Thanks for your patience!! :)
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Painted Lady »

This is great news. Since it looks like we will be playing Book II for a couple of years while you work on Book III, the more content the better!
MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by MyGameCompany »

Well said! More content is good!
Troy
Former indie game developer
Check out my Book III mods: The Mystery of Rockhammer Mine and Expedition into West Mirkland
TNoyce
Apprentice

Post by TNoyce »

Take your time. I'd much rather have a complete game, than a half or less populated one (A certain commercial title with the initials DL comes to mind)

I know people are anxious (as am I). I definitely will buy a copy when it is available.
Tim Noyce
Grindstone_82
Apprentice

Post by Grindstone_82 »

I think it's awesome that you can delay the game for a little while longer. If you were under contract with a major publisher, the game would probably have been out for months already, with all the missing content and multitude of bugs that would entail.
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Post by Evnissyen »

Down with missing content!

(And rushed content, for that matter.)

(EDIT: Edging ever closer to 300 posts. Not that that's why I posted this, just noticing... after the fact. Only 3 posts away!)

BW: Take your time, take your time! I want a great, great game, not just a cool game.

Incidentally: Games like yours make me want to write my own game. Then I immediately come to my senses when I realize how difficult it would be.

I'm only good at writing, after all. I used to program a lot when I was just a wee lad (and I wasn't too bad at it, either, although I never managed to finish any of my ambitious games), but now I have no patience. I can also draw and paint quite well, but I have no patience for doing that on a computer.

...If only I could find somebody to collaborate with me, sigh... .

I have so many things I'd love to do!

And no moving cameras in my game! My game would be isometric and have no moving cameras. It would be strongly narrative-driven (and strongly linear) and character intensive, have a many consequences to worry about and even a Reputation meter... and beautiful graphics and animation just like Eschalon! Ah... but I dream.

...I'm always dreaming.
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.
trinsic
Initiate

Post by trinsic »

Hey, I just wanted you to know you have a another Eschalon fan here. I purchased your game on steam last year (I think it was last year, cant remember how much time has passed since) based on the screen shots. I knew it would be game I would like since i was into isometric rpgs when I was a kid. Anyway I pretty much got though it in a week and I really liked how you guys have stayed true to the roots of how rpgs came into being. 3d rpgs really don't have the same effect.

Anyway I stop by from time to time to check on the progress of book II and I appreciate you guys responding to the community about updates, even if there isn't really anything to say. Most games now-a-days are made by big production houses that have no real interest in staying in touch with their fans. I just hope you guys can stay that way because I'm more interested in supporting a publisher that makes direct contact with the community.

Merry Xmas and keep it up.

trinsic.