Wizard's Hats and Robes

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Tauschitz
Apprentice

Wizard's Hats and Robes

Post by Tauschitz »

Will the Wizard's Hat be still in the game? How about robes this time round? Any of either group that will be "special" ?

*Fingers crossed* :shock:
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Wizard's Hats and Robes

Post by Painted Lady »

BW has been pretty coy about answering specific questions about spells, attributes, etc. I'm starting to wonder if he has made changes and is going to let them be little surprises for us....
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

Painted Lady wrote:BW has been pretty coy about answering specific questions about spells, attributes, etc. I'm starting to wonder if he has made changes and is going to let them be little surprises for us....
Well, of course he has! He wouldn't be an excellent GM if he didn't. :D And book 1 proves he is.
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
Tauschitz
Apprentice

Post by Tauschitz »

Tauschitz wrote:Will the Wizard's Hat be still in the game? How about robes this time round? Any of either group that will be "special" ?

I agree regarding the spells and attributes, but surely hats and robes are not too secret? :(
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Painted Lady »

A few weeks ago I asked what the differences would be in attributes for male and female players, but didn't get a response.

However some of the guys had some very cute suggestions - one of which entailed the men giving the women gold. I thought that had possibilities, however, I would much prefer that they simply drop their weapons :roll: .
AK_Marty
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by AK_Marty »

Painted Lady wrote:A few weeks ago I asked what the differences would be in attributes for male and female players, but didn't get a response.

However some of the guys had some very cute suggestions - one of which entailed the men giving the women gold. I thought that had possibilities, however, I would much prefer that they simply drop their weapons :roll: .
While wearing your Unobtanium Bikini Armor, you just have to ask the men for their weapons, they will blindly obey you.
Alaska Marty
"It looks a lot more like it does now than it used to!"
Unclever title
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by Unclever title »

Painted Lady wrote:A few weeks ago I asked what the differences would be in attributes for male and female players, but didn't get a response.

I think the joking around is mostly because of the crazy discussion awhile ago. As far as I know the +1 Strength for guys and +1 Dexterity for gals is still in effect.

As for the wizard's hats and robes question is this asking about the visual design of these hats or about items that offer bonuses?

Either way, though I am clearly not on the design team, I'm willing to assume that long robes, pointy hats, and items with bonuses (and a fair variety of those including some we've never seen before) will be in Book II.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

The one thing for wizards I'm still hoping for is a proper wizard's staff. That was the one mage bit I found missing in Book I. How can I be a wannabe Gandalf if I don't have a proper staff?
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Tauschitz
Apprentice

Post by Tauschitz »

As for the wizard's hats and robes question is this asking about the visual design of these hats or about items that offer bonuses?

Either way, though I am clearly not on the design team, I'm willing to assume that long robes, pointy hats, and items with bonuses (and a fair variety of those including some we've never seen before) will be in Book II.
I guess I am interested in both - are they there and will they have bonuses (otherwise they won't be good for long).
Turtle
Council Member

Post by Turtle »

Kreador Freeaxe wrote:The one thing for wizards I'm still hoping for is a proper wizard's staff. That was the one mage bit I found missing in Book I. How can I be a wannabe Gandalf if I don't have a proper staff?
And as everyone knows, a wizard's staff has a knob on the end.
Necromis
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by Necromis »

Turtle I think if you see a doctor he can help you with that knob on your staff. Maybe some ointment or antibiotics. :lol:
The Quickest way to a man's heart is thru his back.
Tauschitz
Apprentice

Post by Tauschitz »

Tauschitz wrote:Will the Wizard's Hat be still in the game? How about robes this time round? Any of either group that will be "special" ?

Anyone?

Tauschitz
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Will the Wizard's Hat be still in the game? How about robes this time round? Any of either group that will be "special" ?
Yes, there is a full assortment of Wizard hats, capes and staffs (staves?) in Book II. Some are very rare and you'll unlikely see them all in one or even two play-thoughts. We don't do robes, simply because it is very hard to properly animate robes without needing a ton of new animations (maybe next game).
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
azraelck
Senior Steward

Post by azraelck »

Kreador Freeaxe wrote:The one thing for wizards I'm still hoping for is a proper wizard's staff. That was the one mage bit I found missing in Book I. How can I be a wannabe Gandalf if I don't have a proper staff?
Forget Gandalf! I want to be a wannabe Ridcully! I would say Rincewind, but he lost his staff.
http://grimmgames.freeforums.org/index.php

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity. - Edgar Allan Poe
Tauschitz
Apprentice

Post by Tauschitz »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:
Yes, there is a full assortment of Wizard hats, capes and staffs (staves?) in Book II. Some are very rare and you'll unlikely see them all in one or even two play-thoughts. We don't do robes, simply because it is very hard to properly animate robes without needing a ton of new animations (maybe next game).
What will be the norm for wizard garb (robe) then? I am guessing some kind of armor? Ill there be a variety of magical shirts/pants for wizard oriented characters? I ask because of the lack of any such clothes on Book I.

Thanks,

Tauschitz