Disarm Traps time

Macintosh support forum for Eschalon: Book II
msrache
Pledge

Disarm Traps time

Post by msrache »

One oddity I have noticed in the Mac version is that disarming traps takes sooooo long compared to in the Windows version. The skill seems to work just the same, it just takes much longer. FWIW, I prefer the amount of time in the Win version; it is sufficient to create suspense without making you consider getting up to make coffee. Not really a bug -- just caught my attention. Or maybe it's only happening to me, since I haven't seen any other mentions of it? Or it's all in my head?

That being noted, thank you again for getting the Mac version out so fast, and for making it so easy to register even for those of us who couldn't wait and had to start playing on any old PC we could dig up while waiting for May 26. Yay Basilisk Games!
IJBall
Major
Major

Re: Disarm Traps time

Post by IJBall »

msrache wrote:One oddity I have noticed in the Mac version is that disarming traps takes sooooo long compared to in the Windows version. The skill seems to work just the same, it just takes much longer. FWIW, I prefer the amount of time in the Win version...
FTR, I've noticed this too - disarming traps takes maybe 3x as long in Book II as it did in Book I...
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

Having only seen the Mac version I didn't know that I'm waiting there for nothing. It does seem to be wasted animation.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

I didn't say anything about this during testing as I thought it was to increase the suspence of the game. :) It does get a little annoying after a while, especially on the higher level traps. I've gotten through a full page, sometimes a page and a half of a paperback book while waiting...but then I speed read. :D
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
msrache
Pledge

Post by msrache »

I guess I only noticed this as perhaps unintentional because I've played Book II on both Win and Mac. I only played Book I on Mac, but as IJBall notes, the trap disarm time in the Book I Mac version was shorter than that in the Book II Mac version; it was more comparable to the trap disarm time in the Book II Windows version.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

I have personally tested the Mac version quite a bit, but come to think of it I have never disarmed a trap on the Mac! :)

I will look into this issue.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:I have personally tested the Mac version quite a bit, but come to think of it I have never disarmed a trap on the Mac! :)

I will look into this issue.
It can

take

a while

to

disarm a

trap

on the

Mac

version.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Kreador Freeaxe wrote:It can
take
a while...
Click, Click

[pause]

Click, click, click

[longer pause]

Click, click

[pause]

(Rinse, repeat!) :P :wink:
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

Perhaps a higher skill in skulduggery could offer faster trap disarming... :mrgreen: