SPOLIER: main quest question

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book I
Ashgar
Pledge

SPOLIER: main quest question

Post by Ashgar »

If you go to Vela before you get the 3'rd seald note from the underground deposiatory you cant find your brother. And not continue the main quest.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Hmm, yes, I could see how this could happen.

I believe the game is still finishable though, just without getting the remaining storyline to work fully.

I tried to design it so that even if you just wandered through the game, you could still eventually end up at the end with all the proper items and see the ending, although yes, some of the storyline text may be a bit odd out of context.

A work around to this is to go back to a saved game just before you actually speak with your brother. Go do what you need to do first, then come back to and talk to him, even if Vela is cleared out.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Going to change the subject of this thread so that people don't think the game is broken by a bug. I will look at solutions to keep the storyline more intact if you do some events out of order.
Ashgar
Pledge

Post by Ashgar »

Reverted to a old save just tought it would be nice to tell pepole wht can hapen if you explore to much :)
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

And actually, I just tested it out....I really don't believe the storyline even gets broke this way either. It's a bit out of order, but you are still given then information needed to move forward.

Changing topic again from "issue" to "question".
Tiavals
Initiate

Post by Tiavals »

I have a different problem. Lillith in the woods said to kill the Wasp Queen and take it's stinger to her. Problem is, I already killed the Wasp Queen ages ago and sold the stinger to a store. The store has almost certainly cycled it's wares, so I can never complete this quest, correct? Or do certain quest items stay in the inventory of the store forever? If not, I'll have to start the game again. 10 hours of wasted playing. Oh well, too bad. I'll still check the stores if they sell it.
vid
Senior Steward

Post by vid »

Tiavals wrote:I have a different problem. Lillith in the woods said to kill the Wasp Queen and take it's stinger to her. Problem is, I already killed the Wasp Queen ages ago and sold the stinger to a store. The store has almost certainly cycled it's wares, so I can never complete this quest, correct? Or do certain quest items stay in the inventory of the store forever? If not, I'll have to start the game again. 10 hours of wasted playing. Oh well, too bad. I'll still check the stores if they sell it.
as i stated in another post, i have the same problem. Please give us a way to retrieve the stinger, because i only save on one saveslot (quicksave) i would have to start all over again.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

I'll make the Stinger a "zero value" object in version 1.01 meaning it can't be sold.

Anyone who has this problem, please contact me at info@basiliskgames.com
Azael
Initiate

Post by Azael »

Same thing happened to me. Explored the hive and exploited the hide in shadows and cat's eye abilities to knock off the queen. Since I had invested in swords, I didn't bother with the stinger and sold it instead. Several hours down the road I apparently need, but can no longer retrieve it.
Saxon1974
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Saxon1974 »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:I'll make the Stinger a "zero value" object in version 1.01 meaning it can't be sold.

Anyone who has this problem, please contact me at info@basiliskgames.com
So most quest items are already marked as un-sellible? Good to know, i was a bit worried!